New to The Bump

Intro & wishing there was a "No Sass Board"

Hi I'm Amber
This cycle will be my 1st when trying to conceive baby #2
I was on the board first time around but more of a lurker. No charting, just trying around ovulation.
I'm 31, DH is 29
We have a 2 year old son
This time I'm doing the BBT and OPKs and charting (so much work) because it took us 6 months the first time and I'm hoping to get it done quicker this time, if fate is on our side anyway.

Wish there was a board with less sass than what I'm seeing on the Trying to Get Pregnant and the Babies on the Brain boards, but alas, the sassy ones have all the knowledge. So lets all just grin in and bare this until we get learned up on making babies the new, extra-charted, extra pre-meditated way.

I am going to try to google any question I have before posting so that I don't annoy people with my easy questions, and hopefully you guys will too. But it's not in me to sit back when I think it's getting snarky on a newb for no good reason. Most people get pregnant within 6 months or a year. Just because you're new or don't end up spending much time on the pre-pregnancy boards, doesn't mean you shouldn't reach out.

Baby dust to all 

PS, you tell me about your BFP's any time you want!

httpi790photobucketcomalbumsyy184elsabrown08e26d3682-3305-47b8-9997-1488d4f6ff18_zpscd6c53aajpg
~*~
Married 4.4.09  ~*~  Me-34 & DH-32 ~*~
Complete Thyroidectomy Oct 07'  &  Cardiac Ablation Surgery for SVAT Sept 11'
BFP #1 - 10.3.10  I  EDD 6.11.16  I  Boy #1 born 6.16.11
BFP #2 - 9.12.13 l EDD 5.27.14 l CP 9.20.13
BFP #3 - 3.5.14 I  EDD 11.17.14 I  Boy #2 born 11.17.14

Re: Intro & wishing there was a "No Sass Board"

• Hi Amber!  I have a 14 month old DD and DH and I have stopped preventing number 2.  It's been 3 cycles so far for me. If we're not KU in a few months I might start charting, but right now we're just having fun trying! 
    I'm 30 and DH is 31. 
    I love my BMB with DD, hoping the next one will be just as awesome. 
    Hopefully we'll be get our BFPs soon! 
    We have to remember that we've been through this before as well and have plenty of our own knowledge, though I have no problem taking advice from those who have been hear longer and are willing to share nicely. 

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

• Um, okay.

I suggest you lurk. A lot

• Loading the player...
  • I told my husband about the bizarreness of being mean/rude on a semi-faceless message board and he was shocked I didn't know thats what was the norm. Said it happens on all message boards of all kinds. Easy to be mean there. So that explains that. I'll listen to the advice but ignore the rude. Oh well.

httpi790photobucketcomalbumsyy184elsabrown08e26d3682-3305-47b8-9997-1488d4f6ff18_zpscd6c53aajpg
    ~*~

• Have you tried Fertility Friend? I was on there for years and I found there to be a lot of great information, women with lots of knowledge and support, and not a lot of the attitude and rudeness that I have found over here. It's a paid site, that's why, I think. 
    Expecting Baby #3 to complete our family. 
    I have an adventurous 2 Year Old Toddler Boy & thoughtful 4 Year Old LIttle Girl! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
    photo 172b031e-21cf-454e-ae3f-ea3666c05af5.jpg

photo BellyProgressionForSignature-32wks.jpg
  • Have you tried Fertility Friend? I was on there for years and I found there to be a lot of great information, women with lots of knowledge and support, and not a lot of the attitude and rudeness that I have found over here. It's a paid site, that's why, I think. 
    I just set up and account and started charting this cycle so I'm not too familiar with it, but I will def try it out.
    Thanks!

~*~

• Hi Amber! Good luck this go around! Luckily this isn't the only TTC/baby community so there are other places to find a friendlier bunch. But, I still check here a few times a day since I'm currently seriously obsessed with wanting to be pregnant again and some of the women here are nice, helpful and not at all rude. I try real hard and have so far been successful at holding my tongue. My fiancé on the other hand... He wishes I'd let him speak his mind. He doesn't understand the cruelness some have for people they don't even know and who need help and support just like we all have at one time or another. I am with you, I google it all and scour friends, family and the web before posting a question. I have way too much time on my hands so I can do that :-) It doesn't help that I'm a teacher and currently off for summer. Once school starts back I'm hoping to be less obsessed. Lol! Good Luck Girly! And I'm sure if some see my post I'll get lit up. Oh well. And then I'll ignore them and they won't get sick enjoyment out of me arguing with them :-D
    Me: 33; Him: 32
    TTC Since July 2013
    DS: Gabriel (born Aug. 1999)

• Yeah I'm not letting it stop me... I work in an all male sales environment every day, it's usually the few women I work with who get the office lit up. I've learned to just be chilled out and ignore the stuff that upsets me. I'm still totally posting and lurking.

We have wanted to start trying (I made a chart back in december) but we ran into some major stuff. My husband was laid off, and my son became very sick. Now we are on the upswing as a family and we just decided two weeks ago to start this cycle. I never charted before but this time I'm all over it. It's so interesting! Plus I would like it to happen sooner than 6 months this time around... cause I just don't want to wait...lol. As they say, Baby dust to you!

PS, my husband LOVES message boards. He's such a nerd. He still makes fun of me for not knowing about message board bullies. He seriously thought it was common knowledge. There are sociological studies on how message boards become what they are. Veterans who often hear newbie questions and are annoyed with it, so they answer snarky to discourage newbie participation. But it's fodder for entertainment so they let some slip through. They have the tried and true people they consider worthy of the group (seems like trial by fire to show you're thick skinned to get in). Even with the several levels of boards provided here, they just can't resist jumping on some poor girl who didn't do her research on the newbie board because she thought it would be quicker to just ask. But yeah, it's all totally normal apparently.

And there are soooo many more people who are posting great info and being encouraging and supportive that it's worth lurking still.

I wasn't on the TTC boards too much first time, but the 1st trimester and up boards are way less controversial. The only time they jump on someone is if they mention something that could harm the baby like not taking your pre-natal, drinking, or abusive relationships. And that stuff seems few and far between. Hopefully I'll get to meet you over there in Tri boards soon!

~*~

• el oh nor
    XOXO

Georgia Rose

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"