Baby Showers
Options

Would you?

A friend is adopting and it will be her first. The child is 3 though. Would you still throw a shower for her?

Daisypath - (2EEx)

Lilypie - (CszI)

Re: Would you?

• Options
    Yes I would.  As a new Mom, there are still things she could use in the care of a toddler.  
  • Options
    Definitely!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    MBush4MBush4 member
    Cool. I didn't want to come off as tacky, but I do want to celebrate her entering motherhood.

Daisypath - (2EEx)

Lilypie - (CszI)

• Options
    I used to be a foster care worker.  That shower won't just mean something to the mother it will mean something to the child.  Someday when he/she looks at photos of that day it will show how happy everyone was that the child was joining the family.  
  • Options
    Obviously up to the mom to be, but I'd be really touched by the offer. :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• Options
  • Options
    mysticl said:

I used to be a foster care worker.  That shower won't just mean something to the mother it will mean something to the child.  Someday when he/she looks at photos of that day it will show how happy everyone was that the child was joining the family.  

I think having that visual memory for the child is a wonderful idea! I don't know if it's the hormones or what, but I definitely just teared up.

• Options
    Sounds like fun! Buying toys or books for a 3 year old is more fun than a baby IMHO!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Natural miscarriage @ 5w2d 5/25/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
  • Options
    JontueJontue member
    Yes. I plan to do the same for my friend when her adoption finalizes. The kids are 3 and 2.
  • Options
    Absolutely! Like PP have said, a shower is to welcome a woman into motherhood, and she is definitely becoming a mother. If I were her, I'd be very touched, and if I were an invited guest I'd be thrilled to participate.

• Options
    Absolutely!!!
    baby boy: 3.19.2014
  • Options
    Absolutely!  It will be a wonderful way to welcome her to motherhood and to welcome the child to his new circle of family and friends. Go for it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Cautiously expecting our second little petri dish baby - stick, Baby, stick!

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"