December 2011 Moms
Options

Double strollers

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Re: Double strollers

• Options
    We have the double Bob and a Joovy sit and stand that we got off Craigslist.  The double Bob we use for running/walking and to take with us on vacation (great in the airport).  The Joovy I use for shopping.  I use the Bob more but that's because it's summer right now.  

When we were in France we stayed at someone's apartment and they let us borrow their single stroller - which was much easier for us to get on/off buses with but DD at 3 got tired of walking really quickly so it was a long day of us switching back and forth carrying her.  

Mine are 18 1/2 months apart.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    ccip82ccip82 member
    I think we are going to go with a stroller that has the attachable sit and stand board. I will probably end up wearing the new baby for a while though. I will search for a pic of the sit and stand strollers.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    SmgrochowskiSmgrochowski member
    edited July 2013
    I got a Graco Duoglider for $1 at a yard sale when I was pregnant with my second (my kids are 21 months apart). I wore my son quite a bit, but it was wonderful to pop his car seat in when he was sleeping. I certainly got my dollar's worth out of it the first few months. Even though my daughter often walked, it was nice having the option for her to be contained especially since most outings were just us three. I've hardly used it this last year and five months, so it just takes up space. Looking back I would ideally have liked a sit and stand stroller if I could find a good deal, but I think could have done without a double stroller altogether. We also have a double croozer bike trailer that converts to a stroller that we've used hiking and camping, but it's much too big to use regularly. ***Sorry, it looks like posting from my iPad doesn't like paragraphs...
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Leap08Leap08 member
    I have two: A Joovy Caboose and a double jogger. My girls are almost exactly 2 years apart. I use the Joovy Caboose for trips to the mall, zoo, and in airports. DD1 hops on and off the back skateboard part a lot. We've gotten a fair amount of use out of it. I'm not sure how I would have managed trips alone with both kids without it last summer when DD2 was an infant.

I use the jogger for walking on non-paved paths (we walk on one behind our house a lot) and occasionally for jogging. Most of the time DD1 wants to walk now, and that's fine. Sometimes she'll get tired and climb in. Last summer when DD2 was an infant and DD1 was 2, both of them rode in it all the time. 

One note, I ended up wearing DD2 a ton - way more than I did DD1. If you don't have a good carrier, I'd invest in that first.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Where do I start??? When I only had one child, I used a stroller every single day. I have 3 singles, 2 of which I used on a regular basis. So far with 2 babies I don't leave the house much.

My babies are 17 months apart. Although DD prefers to walk, most of the time I need her to be strapped in so she won't run away. I have the city select. It's good because it can be a single or a double and you have the option of the riding board to stand on for an older child. I use it right now with the carseat snapped in on top and the regular seat on the lower setting. At the zoo or aquarium, I don't strap her in and she can get in and out of the seat by herself as she pleases. It has the most amazing HUGE basket for storing my diaper bag and shopping bags. I can put both kids in there for smaller grocery trips and not use a cart. The cons of the stroller are its not great for walks unless the sidewalk is perfectly even (I am used to the smooth ride of my BOB). It's also super heavy. The lower seat has to be removed to fold it. There is no way I would fly with it because I would be afraid of losing a piece.

I plan on getting a double umbrella when my younger can sit up. I am debating between the mcclaren twin triumph/techno and the kinderwagon.

I think there will be times when you need a double stroller. The city select is pricey so maybe check out the contours optima.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
  • Options
    There is no way I would take a double BOB shopping in the mall or to the aquarium or basically anywhere indoors. It's HUGE. That being said I would mind having both:)

You might be able to get away with just an umbrella. You can wear DS 2 until he is big enough or stay home lol!

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
  • Options
    My LOs will be 24 months apart and I think I'm just going to see how it goes when #2 is born. We're having another December baby, so it won't be until baby is 5-6 months old that we'll be outside needing a stroller much based on the climate here. I'm hoping to wear LO #2 much more than I did DS and maybe get away with a single stroller for a while and then just see.

Also, if we did want to do a family walk or something I have our single and the Snap n Go, so DH and I could each take one while LO#2 is still in the infant carrier.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Where do I start??? When I only had one child, I used a stroller every single day. I have 3 singles, 2 of which I used on a regular basis. So far with 2 babies I don't leave the house much. My babies are 17 months apart. Although DD prefers to walk, most of the time I need her to be strapped in so she won't run away. I have the city select. It's good because it can be a single or a double and you have the option of the riding board to stand on for an older child. I use it right now with the carseat snapped in on top and the regular seat on the lower setting. At the zoo or aquarium, I don't strap her in and she can get in and out of the seat by herself as she pleases. It has the most amazing HUGE basket for storing my diaper bag and shopping bags. I can put both kids in there for smaller grocery trips and not use a cart. The cons of the stroller are its not great for walks unless the sidewalk is perfectly even (I am used to the smooth ride of my BOB). It's also super heavy. The lower seat has to be removed to fold it. There is no way I would fly with it because I would be afraid of losing a piece. I plan on getting a double umbrella when my younger can sit up. I am debating between the mcclaren twin triumph/techno and the kinderwagon. I think there will be times when you need a double stroller. The city select is pricey so maybe check out the contours optima.
    We also have the City Select and I love it! Although, I haven't gotten to use it in the double setting yet.  I did set it up like you said you had yours (car seat on the top, and full seat in the lower setting) and pushed it around with my son in it. I will say that it pushes like a dream compared to my Chicco!  I also like that DS can get in/out on his own, and he loves it too, lol.   The basket is HUGE! Like you said. Also, I would like to say that we got the Diamond color (off white/silver) and I was nervous about keeping it clean (but it was on sale for $100 less, so we went with it).  Well, just the other weekend we took it out to a fair, and it was literally covered in dust/dirt!  We brought it home, and it snapped apart so easy! DH hosed off the frame, and I threw the fabric from the seat/canopy/basket into our washer and let it air dry, and it cleans up perfectly! I highly recommend this stroller, it is well worth the money.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

We bought a Joovy Cabose Sit and Stand, obviously we haven't used it as a double stroller yet, but we have taken it on a couple day trips to see how DS1 does in the sit/stand section, and he loves it, he likes that he can get on and off, although I have to pay attention as he can sometimes try to get off as we are moving, but he can also be strapped in and sit down, which is great.

It is pretty big, so I will probably use the single stroller with DS1 walking for small trips (DS walks for all small trips now anyway), but I think it will be great for day trips.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Diagnosed with Anti little c antibodies. DS1 7.11.11 - Anaemia and Jaundice. 10 days in the NICU, 1 exchange transfusion and 4 blood transfusions. DS2 29.8.13 - Anaemia 7 days in the NICU and 1 exchange transfusion. Both are now happy and healthy. 

• Options
    Our kids will be 25 months apart. We're planning on getting the rumble seat for our UppaBaby Vista. If we decide we need a side by side, we'll make that call sometime next spring. We're considering the Maclaren Triumph double and at the City Mini double.

~ Married 10.30.04 ~
    DS1 born 12.31.11 ~ DS2 born 2.4.14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"