December 2010 Moms
Options

Today my goal is:

To parent with love. Yesterday was a crap day (meltdowns at the zoo, Mila only took two 30 minute naps THE WHOLE DAY, Ava was a stinker, Mila was dehydrated and her soft spot was sunken so I freaked out) and I ended up losing it with Ava by yelling at her. I just felt like an overall bad mom and it ended with me crying by myself on the couch after putting the girls to bed (H had to work late). Today I'm approaching everything with love and I hope it makes a difference. Just had to put this out there to remind myself if things get tough this afternoon :-)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Today my goal is:

• Options
    I'd just like to say that you are super mom for taking both of your girls to the zoo without your H. I hope one day I will feel brave enough to do that! And the days when DH has to stay late at work are extra hard. I think you deserve a pass.

Can I share your goal? I've been getting really frustrated with Jack recently. We've had a couple of those terrible days where I end up yelling, recently. At the end of the day when I see him sleeping in his bed I think, "What is wrong with me? He is only two years old. He is still new at being a human being.."
    I used to be a big deal.  Now I'm just old. 
  • Options
    --halo-- said:
    I'd just like to say that you are super mom for taking both of your girls to the zoo without your H. I hope one day I will feel brave enough to do that! And the days when DH has to stay late at work are extra hard. I think you deserve a pass. Can I share your goal? I've been getting really frustrated with Jack recently. We've had a couple of those terrible days where I end up yelling, recently. At the end of the day when I see him sleeping in his bed I think, "What is wrong with me? He is only two years old. He is still new at being a human being.."
    Thanks Halo! These toddlers are hard and it's challenging when you throw a little one into the mix- I have to remind myself that Ava doesn't understand (or remember) that we try and stay quiet during times when Mila is napping. They have such little impulse control and she definitely tries and is very sweet with Mila 100% of the time. You're going to do great with two; I can tell you're such a good mom to Jack!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I need to share this goal too.  This 2 year old thing gets me super impatient pretty regularly.  I do the same thing as you sometimes, Halo, and after he's sleeping I get mad at myself because I did X during the day.  The other night E had gotten out of bed for like 5 millionth time and I yelled at him and put him back into bed.  He layed there with his little eyes closed and the biggest pouty lip that I ended up picking him up and snuggling with him for a few minutes because I felt like such a bad mom.

Dont' beat yourself too much over losing your cool...we all do it from time to time.  99.9% of the time I'm sure you're a fantastic mama!

• Options
    Me, too, Chicago. These kids are tough right now. And we are so often frazzled from all the stresses in our lives. I appreciate you posting this. Also, a related funny. I was making G do something he didn't want to do yesterday. He was frustrated and started saying "I want my mommy.". I was so annoyed by this point that I yelled back "I AM your mommy.".
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • Options
    I also try and make this my goal more recently too. And my big thing this week is to take "hurry up" out of my vocabulary since i use it way too much. I read some blog (can't remember if I saw it on Pinterest or the bump) but it struck a chord in me and I'm trying to not rush the kiddos when they are just trying to enjoy life and experience it. So big hugs!! I always feel extra stressed when J doesn't nap when we are out and about and it get us all frazzled that I will snap at A a bit more and I need to have more patience.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    kj07kj07 member
    I need to reduce my use of 'hurry up' too.  As long as I'm not trying to get to work on time in the morning, I need to focus on taking a deep breath more often instead of getting irritated.
    This is a good post.
    photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.
  • Options
    enjoylife said:
    I also try and make this my goal more recently too. And my big thing this week is to take "hurry up" out of my vocabulary since i use it way too much. I read some blog (can't remember if I saw it on Pinterest or the bump) but it struck a chord in me and I'm trying to not rush the kiddos when they are just trying to enjoy life and experience it. So big hugs!! I always feel extra stressed when J doesn't nap when we are out and about and it get us all frazzled that I will snap at A a bit more and I need to have more patience.

I'm definitely guilty of this. It's tough when A wants to do everything herself but it takes her forever.

• Options
    Totally needed this today as I summon up the energy to face the whirlwind that is little S. I read that hurry up article, too, and was trying to keep it in mind this morning as I tried to get us moving (slowly) toward daycare.
  • Options
    I've been feeling terrible about this too. There are days when I feel like I am always yelling. DD is amazingly good 85 percent of the time. I just need to chill out the other 15.
    image  image
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"