Multiples
Options

B is now closest to cervix

Little background... A is a fraternal and B is with C whom where a case of TRAP sequence & I had to have fetal surgery to save baby A &B. Baby C doesn't have a heart skull. All is well now 10weeks past surgery. So at my appt before this last one she measured baby B as baby A. I was so confused as to why she was on the side I've always know baby B &C to be on so I said something. She kept looking and found C and realized she was measuring B thinking it was A. I figured she was distracted or something. But at this last appt. she discovered why she was so thrown off last appt. With further searching around she realized baby Bs head is the closest to the cervix and would be the first to be delivered. She said it could of seemed A was A because B had so much extra fluid from the TRAP sequence and now that its all normal he's in his right place. I'm all worried now that when I deliver we won't know who is who. Even though B has a TRAP twin, C won't be very big and they've said that they could just think its a big blood clot by the time it comes to delivery if the person delivering me doesn't know what to look for since TRAP is so rare. Don't even know why I'm posting this, just hoping when it comes down to it we'll know who is who. Since they have all gone through so much in utero I've grown so attached to them and their specific names... I'd hate to be wrong. Tha may be dumb to some people though. :o//
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: B is now closest to cervix

• Options
    My B nudged A out of the way to be "presenting", but they didn't switch sides in my uterus, so there was no getting them mixed up. I would hope whoever is delivering you is familiar enough with your situation that they don't get them mixed up.
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • Options
    We had a brief mixup during my delivery as B was thought (by an u/s tech immediately before my c-section) to have become presenting but my OB was on top of it and knew which was which. The baby who was A throughout was on fact delivered first and remained A. Have you spoken to your OB after s/he reviewed the scans, or just an u/s tech?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My babies switched around 26 weeks. They stayed on their side, but B was presenting. I didn't name them in-utero, but I totally get being upset about a potential confusion. They do have their own little personalities in there! I think ou should have a chat with your OB. You've been through so much, and I would hope they would do something to ease your mind. 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"