TTC After a Loss 6 Months+
Options

Bi-Weekly Wine and Cheese Party

sammer818sammer818 member

Good Morning Ladies!

It's that time again. This is our bi-weekly check in, condensed version. Feel free to let us know how life is; you can b!tch, you can moan, you can brag, you can cry, whatever you want.

I must confess, I am not a big fan of all the changes and new formats on The Bump, and this is my first post since it all happened! Also, since it is supposed to be rather cold this weekend (highs in the low 60s...is this July or is it September?!), we are having hot toddies and cheese fondue. That should keep us warm for this party!

[IMG]https://i41.tinypic.com/fuueq0.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://i40.tinypic.com/dnm6b5.jpg[/IMG]

(look at all that ooey-gooey deliciousness!) 

TTC since April 2010
BFP #1 – March 2011, missed m/c April 2011
BFP #2 – October 2011, m/c November 2011
Surprise BFP #3 – December 2011, diagnosed as cornual, terminated January 2012
BFP #4 – June 2012, m/c July 2012
Diagnosed with bicornuate ute and MTHR gene mutation
BFP #5 – October 2012, missed m/c November 2012
BFP #6 – January 2013, m/c March 2013
No longer TTC. Diagnosis: Hostile ute. Heartbroken and bitter. Pursuing surrogacy.
June 2013 - Carrier found! Could this really happen?!
~All AL always welcome~

Re: Bi-Weekly Wine and Cheese Party

• Options
    Ok. I'll start things off. First, I have NO idea why tinypic isn't working. My siggy and my post make it painfully obvious that I'm struggling with pictures. *SIGH* 
    As for my update: we are starting to move even further in the process. We have filled out some of the required FDA stuff, gotten labs drawn, and next week we will hopefully be scheduling a meeting with the lawyer. It's still a long way away, but it feels good to be making forward progress with things. 
    Non-TTCAL: I'm going up north this weekend to visit my grandparents and I'm very excited! The last two times I was supposed to go up there, I suffered a loss, so it's been a really long time since I've seen them. I can't wait...it's always so much fun visiting with them. 

TTC since April 2010
    BFP #1 – March 2011, missed m/c April 2011
    BFP #2 – October 2011, m/c November 2011
    Surprise BFP #3 – December 2011, diagnosed as cornual, terminated January 2012
    BFP #4 – June 2012, m/c July 2012
    Diagnosed with bicornuate ute and MTHR gene mutation
    BFP #5 – October 2012, missed m/c November 2012
    BFP #6 – January 2013, m/c March 2013
    No longer TTC. Diagnosis: Hostile ute. Heartbroken and bitter. Pursuing surrogacy.
    June 2013 - Carrier found! Could this really happen?!
    ~All AL always welcome~

• Options
    EKGibsEKGibs member

Sammer- I'm excited that you are one step closer to the surrogacy! Enjoy your visit with your grandparents!

I don't have any new updates. Still looking for a job. Staying home is not all it's cracked up to be. I was so stir crazy the other day that I decided to learn how to grill. I cooked chicken legs outside in 95 degree temps & they actually turned out good. Too bad Boomer jumped up & got 3 of them off of the counter before we could eat them. I cried a huge ugly cry because it made me so mad. I desperately need a job.

:-w
    TTC since 4/28/07
    Diagnosed w/ endometriosis 12/2010 Laproscopic surgery & 6 months of Lupron
    BFP 12/17/2011,EDD 8/23/12,ectopic discovered 12/29/11 at 6 weeks recieved methotrexate
    Dec '12 HSG & ultrasound showed abnormalities & more endo. Laproscopic surgery in January '13 showed significant damage & scar tissue from Endo. IVF is our best shot to concieve our rainbow.

June '13 Decided to go the adoption route!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

imageimageFollow Me on Pinterestimageimageimage

***PGAL/PAL WELCOME***

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    buggirl72buggirl72 member
    edited July 2013
    Hi Sammer, thank you for running the check-in!
    I'm glad the process is continuing to move forward and yay for meeting with a lawyer! I hope you have a fun visit with your grandparents.  This link may help you with your siggy: https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12005246/siggy-how-to-s#latest

MrsDeo on the TTCAL board made an impressive how to on siggies and pips. I do know that the [img] code is an issue now and you do not want to select that option on tinypic.

EK - I'm sorry about the no job front and hope you find one quickly. As far as grilling, check out weber.com and the weber cookbooks. We have all of them and love them!  Weber's Way to Grill is a really good one for beginners.

My update - DH and I did our first medicated cycle last month. I ended up with only one follie which was not a great response. We had originally planned on doing another medicated cycle this month but my RE's office failed to return my call about it being CD1.  This allowed DH and I a little bit of extra time to discuss the whole medicated thing and whether we want to do another medicated cycle.  DH was beyond stressed out by me taking the medications, did not like me being put through that, and really did not take the pressure well.  We also have me taking the bar next week, a move, and a surprise expense that hit us yesterday (because 5 days before the bar you need extra-mongo stress thrown in your life) so the timing of this cycle really was not good.

I also really thought about the fact that when I did IVF, I was a poor responder then (had one follie take off over the others).  I know the RE can try to tweak the meds but I have a feeling that with my seriously depleted reserves that medicated probably is not really increasing our odds by much. If we are only looking at one follie responding, I'll (hopefully) do that on my own.

I did send an email to the RE to let him know that DH and I wanted to discuss donor eggs with him and to let him know about his office staff not returning my call. We shall see what he says.

Non-TTCAL: the bar is next week. I don't know enough. Back to studying and I'm pretty much going internet radio silence from this point forward.

The day the Bump died - Jasper is wise
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Hi Sammer! Glad things are still moving forward. Slow and steady wins the race, right? I hope you have a great weekend visiting your grandparents!

EK- sorry you're going stir crazy! Good luck on the job hunt. I had a taste of being a SAHW for a few months, and while I didn't miss my old job AT ALL, I agree it got a bit boring. In the meantime, have fun becoming grill master! 

Bug- I'm sorry your medicated cycle didn't produce the results you were hoping for. I hope your RE is on the same page with looking into a new option for you. ((Hugs)). And OMG...stop bumping a get back to studying lady! Good luck on your exam. 

As for me, just waiting for AF and getting ready to start Clomid. I know I've said this already, but I find myself feeling excited about TTC again, and I'm grateful for the hope I'm feeling right now. I'm starting on the lowest dose, un-monitored. I had mixed feelings about this, but my doctor really doesn't think it's necessary at this point. If nothing happens in 3 months, then we'll discuss a new plan, but he's confident and I trust him. 

BFP#1 8/3/12~EDD 4/1/13~Natural M/C 9/1/12-9w6d 
    BFP#2 5/30/13~EDD 2/3/14~Confirmed CP 5/31/13
    7/12/13 Hysteroscopy & Lap Lysis of Adhesions
    1st Cycle on Clomid Aug '13: BFP#3 8/24/13~EDD 5/3/14
    Hoping Third Time's a Charm!!- IT'S A GIRL!!!! 
    KAYLIE MARIE IS HERE! BORN 5/4/14

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie - (nUwf)

All AL-ers welcome in my posts! <3
  • Options
    uneek1323uneek1323 member
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for running this Sammer! Your sig looks great!  ;) I'm so excited that you are moving another step forward. Enjoy your visit with your grandparents!

EK- I hope you can find something soon. In the meantime, enjoy all that yummy grilled food! 

Bug- Good luck on the bar! I'll be thinking of you. I think it's wise to take a cycle off this time. There's so much on your plate right now.

Luna- Good luck on Clomid. I hope you don't get hit with a lot of side effects. 

I think after 8 months I am finally ready to start RPL testing. I have an appointment on Tuesday to get everything sorted.
      Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage image
    ~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic image 
  • Options
    Junebug060609Junebug060609 member
    edited July 2013

Sammer-Sounds like a bunch of positive steps in your life now...steps towards surrogacy and a visit with the grandparents.  Yay!

EKG-Sending you all sorts of job vibes.  I know I shouldn't have, but I kind chuckled when you said Boomer nabbed those chicken legs.  Doesn't that just figure!

Bug- GL on the bar next week!!!  I'm sorry to hear that you didn't have a good response to the meds.  Wishing you all the best whether you choose to go with TTC on your own or with DE. 

Lunabug- GL with the clomid!  I'll be watching your posts as that's the road I'm headed down if this cycle doesn't take.

Uneek-I'll be thinking of you on Tuesday.

For my update- I'm 8DPO and not feeling optimistic.  Feeling crampy, PMSy...just a real joy to be around, lol.  If this cycle doesn't take I get to go on the pill long enough to get another hysteroscopy (and likely fibroid removal) done and then it's on to Clomid.  Guessing we'll get one Clomid cycle in before the move.  I guess we're on our own from then until I can get things lined up with an RE in VA (I'll work on that as soon as we get a place to live set up over there).

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• Options
    Hi ladies! I almost missed this since it's not up at the top of TTCAL anymore.

sammer - I'm so glad you're making progress! I know it's frustrating when things take a long time, but at least you're moving in the right direction.

EKGibs - I'm sorry you still haven't had any luck with the job search. It must be so frustrating. ((hugs)) I hope you find something real soon! If you need any references, you know where to find us ;)

bug - I'm so sorry the medicated cycle didn't just do the trick. I was so sad to see CD1 for you :( I hope you, your RE, and your DH can come up with a great plan for next cycle. and GOOD LUCK this week!! You're almost there!! You will kick boo-tay, I know you will. When do you get the results?

LunaBug - I'm glad you're feeling excited. I hope the Clomid works great!

uneek - good luck at your appointment!!

JuneBug - I'm sorry you're feeling pessimistic, try to keep your chin up! It's not over yet! I hope you figure everything out with the move.

Update: My appointment with the new doctor is on Tuesday. We will hopefully be scheduling my next attempt at removing my septum. I'm feeling really discouraged right now, 5 months after my last BFP and approaching my 2 year anniversary of TTC, and I'm just TTA waiting for this stupid surgery, which someone else tried and couldn't do. UGH. You know how it is. I just hope this consult goes well and we get a quick surgery date. I am going to be away for most of August though, and I hope it doesn't come down to having to consider whether or not to cancel my trip(s). I feel like I really need these trips.

TTC #1 since Sept 2011
    BFP#1 1/31/12. Empty sac discovered 3/5/12. MTX due to location in uterine horn.
    BFP#2 2/27/13. Empty sac confirmed 3/20/13. Mifepristone + cytotec.
    Currently TTA until Fall 2013, waiting for operative hysteroscopy
    Blog   ​Chart

• Options

Hi Ladies. I guess this will be my first time posting on the wine and cheese thread.  I almost couldn't find the 6+ until I realized it had it's own board! I don't like that either!

EK- FX that you find a job soon! But it's great that you were able to learn how to grill even if the dog did eat some of the chicken! LOL

Sammer- So glad that things are moving along in the surrogate process. I hope you have a great time with your grandparents.

Bug--I can't imagine all that stress at once, it's a lot to handle!! How do you feel about the DE option?

Mrs. E--I hope you don't have to cancel the trips for your surgery.  Where are you going?

Luna--Good luck with the Clomid!

Junebug--It must be hard scheduling TTC around all the moving! Regular life is hard enough.  Good luck with everything!

Hi Jenek! Glad to see you're doing well.

Update on me: Still TTC...I have to make an appointment with my OB for next month for a check up and at that time will bring my charts with me to address my irregular cycles.  A few people have recommended Vitex to me, but I have also read that should be discussed with a dr. before taking it, so I will mention it then.  Idk how much she will know about it b/c she said she wasn't familiar with EPO either.  If she doesn't have any insight on my cycles, I may ask for a referral to an RE.  She was willing to give me one after my last loss, but I thought my cycles would return to normal and I would easily get KU again.  That's what I get for thinking!

:-w

BFP #1 ended in MMC. Discovered Oct 2005 @10w5d, baby stopped growing around 6w. D&C.
    BFP#2 Nov 2005. Baby's heart stopped @ 8w3d. D&C Jan 2006. Trisomy 18
    BFP#3 Nov 2006. My "miracle baby" DD born 7/25/07
    BFP #4 11/6/12. EDD 7/16/13~my birthday! No sac found @ 5w1d, betas not increasing. Natural m/c started 11/20/12.

BFP#5 11/9/13.  EDD 7/21/14  Our beautiful rainbow born on his due date!!

• Options
    @jenek0213 and @Amores0121, I actually feel pretty good about the idea of DE and DH being open to it is a huge plus. The big issue now is cost. The RE said we would be looking at about $15,000 which we don't have and we do not want to finance that right now - not with my student loans becoming payable here in a few months and no job yet. I'm discouraged and really hoping for a miracle.

The day the Bump died - Jasper is wise
  • Options
    @buggirl72, wow that is a lot of money.  I can totally understand not wanting to finance that with your student loans coming up but it is good that you and YH are on the same page. ((hugs))

BFP #1 ended in MMC. Discovered Oct 2005 @10w5d, baby stopped growing around 6w. D&C.
    BFP#2 Nov 2005. Baby's heart stopped @ 8w3d. D&C Jan 2006. Trisomy 18
    BFP#3 Nov 2006. My "miracle baby" DD born 7/25/07
    BFP #4 11/6/12. EDD 7/16/13~my birthday! No sac found @ 5w1d, betas not increasing. Natural m/c started 11/20/12.

BFP#5 11/9/13.  EDD 7/21/14  Our beautiful rainbow born on his due date!!

• Options
    I am super late to the party!

Sammer--I'm so excited for you as you move another step towards surrogacy! I hope the visit with your grandparents was great.

EKGibs-- The job hunt is an exhausting process. I'm sorry you are going stir-crazy. How is the healthy eating going?

Luna--Good luck on Clomid! It is awesome that you are feeling excited about TTC again.

Uneek-- I hope the RPL testing gives you some answers. Do you know when you will get the results?

Junebug-- When is your move date? Have you scheduled your hysteroscopy

Mrs.E- I am so sorry you are feeling discouraged. I can't even begin to imagine how frustrated you must be to repeat a procedure. I hope your appointment on Tuesday went well. Big (((hugs))).

Buggirl-- Congrats again on having the bar behind you! I am sorry that you are feeling discouraged. I wish our ovaries would get with the program already.  I think it is great that you have started talking about DE, but I completely hear you on the financial concerns. It is so unfair--of all the factors that play in to infertility, the financial dimension just adds insult to injury.

I'm going to start a min stim IUI protocol this cycle. This is my first adventure after being off the bench and my first experience with fertility treatments all of which is translating to being a neurotic hot mess.  I go in tomorrow for my first baseline and then on Monday to learn how to stab myself with needles correctly. It is not clear whether I start drugs tomorrow or Monday. . .

Me: 36 yo, TTC #1 since Feb. 2012
    BFP #1, 3/12, EDD 11/9/12, MMC 3/27/12, D&C 4/10/12

BFP #2: 11/16/12, EDD 7/25/13, MMC 12/5/12, D&C 12/6/12, Complete molar pregnancy confirmed 2/9/13, benched for 6 months until  August 2013

IUI #1, 8/16/13 Femara + Menopur, 3 mature follicles, BFN
    IUI #2 (back-to-back, 9/12/13 and 9/13/13) Femara + Menopur, four mature follicles, BFFN
    IUI #3, 10/8/13 Femara + Menopur, six mature follicles, BFN

BFP #3, 12/9/2013, while on treatment break, EDD: 8/22/2014  Please stick and grow, LO!

Additional Dx: hypothyroidism, TgAb positive & anti-TPO positive, POR/DOR (2/2013), and suspected endometriosis

******All AL always welcome******

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"