Babies on the Brain
Options

Am I skipping my period or am I pregnant????

Hi I am new here but just needing some opinions. Heres a little about what I am going through. Ok my cycles are irregular this past year. Usually go from 35-38 days. I'm now 41 days and still no signs of AF. I had my period June 14-19. June 26 or 27 I went to the bathroom and had a light pink streak on the toilet paper and didnt spot anymore. About 11 days after that I had light pink watery discharge but only happened once. Since then I've had no more spotting. I never spot in between periods unless its a couple days before I start my period. Usually at least a week before my period I get pms. I've only had very mild pms not like I usually do. My nipples started getting a little tender this week when pushed on. I started getting slight nausea last Saturday but it comes and goes and doesn't happen everyday. Oh and last week I kept tasting soap or perfume. I thought maybe out dishes weren't rinsed real well at work but I opened a pack of fig newtons and they tasted like soap/perfume. Now I'm 26 and in a serious relationship. We both have jobs. We use the pullout method and know its not 100%.

Re: Am I skipping my period or am I pregnant????

• Options
    Sadly, nobody on here can tell you what is going on inside of your uterus. Go take a pregnancy test.
    Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I did the other morning and it was negative. I don't know if I tested too early or not. :(
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I did the other morning and it was negative. I don't know if I tested too early or not. :(
    Test again every week until you either get a positive result, or you get your period. If you go 60 days without either, see a doctor.

Edited to fix quote.
    Anniversary 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have dr appt Monday morning to check for pregnancy bc I don't want to keep wasting money on tests. I was just trying to get some opinions either way so I won't be too surprised or disappointed. But thank you so much!!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    You're welcome. Honestly the symptoms you described could be caused for a number of reasons, so nobody here can really give you an opinion on what to expect to hear from your doc. Good for you for wanting to figure out what's going on with your body sooner rather than later though!

ETA: If you ARE pregnant, welcome to The Bump!
    Anniversary 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    You can't be real. Lilygrace, did you get back up?
  • Options

If you got a negative test it means you aren't pregnant right now.  I second PPs that it's silly to go to the doctor over this.  I'd sit tight, test once a week (you can get HPTs at the Dollar Store if you worried about cost).  The rule of thumb is 60 days without a period before a trip to the doctor is warranted.  I would also recommend a better form of birth control if you and your BF aren't both on board with having kids.  It doesn't sound you two decided to start trying, right?  You aren't actively trying?  Having a baby is a big deal.  You really shouldn't risk it if you guys haven't collectively decided this is something you want and/or are ready for. 

Good luck to you.

• Options
    I have dr appt Monday morning to check for pregnancy bc I don't want to keep wasting money on tests. I was just trying to get some opinions either way so I won't be too surprised or disappointed. But thank you so much!!
    Instead you'd rather waste hundreds on a test you don't need.

Good call.

This.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options

Good call.

This.
    Seriously. This makes no sense to me why people waste money getting blood work. Has literally no one ever had a late period not related to pregnancy? And an OB will practically laugh if you call and you haven't even missed AF yet.
    And most likely tell you exactly what these women have said. Test weekly until 60 days with no period.

Or, he'll gladly accept your money.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • Options
    JJBishJJBish member

Good call.

Some countries you can get tested for free. Like Canada - just go in and get bloodwork done. You don't need to be so rude - she's on here looking for advice, not sarcasm.
  • Options
    Thank you amberawesome for not being so rude. I'm sorry I even asked and should've known better than to ask. I just wanted opinions. I know no one can give me an accurate answer but I didn't expect so many rude comments and feeling judgment. I just wanted some different opinions just in case it could be something else. I don't normally just skip and I don't know everything about my body. And yeah there's so much info on the Internet it's overwhelming!!! Sometimes you just need to cut to the chase and ask.
  • Options
    Loo Loo skip to my Loo. Sorry I always think it when someone says they "skipped" a period.
  • Options
    To the ladies with all the knowledge...

Why is it so terrible she see her doc?
    I understand the money point, but my insurance wouldn't charge more than a $20 visit fee for that kinda thing.

I see your point that if we all ran to the doc for small things, the docs would be clogged and people with more pressing issues would have trouble getting in. But I personally have never, ever, missed a period in my life except when I became pregnant. If I suddenly missed a period, even if the test was negative, I would for sure be scheduling an appt cause that wouldn't be the norm for me.

Whats normal for some is not normal for others.

And yes, she's just looking for advice. Whenever I think I want to post, I google it first so that I don't bug you ladies with newbie questions, but sometimes there are masses of information and it's hard to sort whats true, so ya gotta ask.
    That's the big thing.  Also, it raises the price of insurance for everyone. Not health insurance but still insurance related, remember when Florida got hit with all those hurricanes right in a row?  Home owners insurance skyrocketed after that because so many people were filing claims.  More claims filed = the insurance company shelling out much more money than they wanted to.  It's definitely sucky but the insurance company doesn't want to take a loss so they raise the price of premiums for everyone, whether they filed a claim or not.  Yes, you most likely pay for your insurance so you can use it but there are people that abuse it.  The more people that abuse it, the higher premiums will become. Running to your doctor for a blood test two days after you think you missed your period (which you don't know because you don't know if/when you ovulated) is abusing insurance.  Yes, OP came back and explained there were other things that were going on but she didn't explain that in her first post.  

Yeah that makes sense. I thought everyone was talking about the personal cost to herself. Personally, my OBGYN has an awesome nurse line. I called them all the time when I was prego (had a heart condition). They always gave quick easy advice that was free. And they usually don't jump the gun telling me to come in. But I always called them first to make sure it wasn't an over-reaction.

httpi790photobucketcomalbumsyy184elsabrown08e26d3682-3305-47b8-9997-1488d4f6ff18_zpscd6c53aajpg
    ~*~
    Married 4.4.09  ~*~  Me-34 & DH-32 ~*~
    Complete Thyroidectomy Oct 07'  &  Cardiac Ablation Surgery for SVAT Sept 11'
    BFP #1 - 10.3.10  I  EDD 6.11.16  I  Boy #1 born 6.16.11
    BFP #2 - 9.12.13 l EDD 5.27.14 l CP 9.20.13
    BFP #3 - 3.5.14 I  EDD 11.17.14 I  Boy #2 born 11.17.14

• Options

I understand the money point, but my insurance wouldn't charge more than a $20 visit fee for that kinda thing.

I see your point that if we all ran to the doc for small things, the docs would be clogged and people with more pressing issues would have trouble getting in. But I personally have never, ever, missed a period in my life except when I became pregnant. If I suddenly missed a period, even if the test was negative, I would for sure be scheduling an appt cause that wouldn't be the norm for me.

And yes, she's just looking for advice. Whenever I think I want to post, I google it first so that I don't bug you ladies with newbie questions, but sometimes there are masses of information and it's hard to sort whats true, so ya gotta ask.
    That's the big thing.  Also, it raises the price of insurance for everyone. Not health insurance but still insurance related, remember when Florida got hit with all those hurricanes right in a row?  Home owners insurance skyrocketed after that because so many people were filing claims.  More claims filed = the insurance company shelling out much more money than they wanted to.  It's definitely sucky but the insurance company doesn't want to take a loss so they raise the price of premiums for everyone, whether they filed a claim or not.  Yes, you most likely pay for your insurance so you can use it but there are people that abuse it.  The more people that abuse it, the higher premiums will become. Running to your doctor for a blood test two days after you think you missed your period (which you don't know because you don't know if/when you ovulated) is abusing insurance.  Yes, OP came back and explained there were other things that were going on but she didn't explain that in her first post.  

Yeah that makes sense. I thought everyone was talking about the personal cost to herself. Personally, my OBGYN has an awesome nurse line. I called them all the time when I was prego (had a heart condition). They always gave quick easy advice that was free. And they usually don't jump the gun telling me to come in. But I always called them first to make sure it wasn't an over-reaction.
    No one cares what she does with her money.  It's the fact that it makes it expensive for everyone else.  What you do is exactly what anyone else should do.  It's OK to be confused and no one is required to know anything.  It's when people get good advice then pull the "but I'm special" card that makes everyone frustrated.  
    Yeah I can understand that.

httpi790photobucketcomalbumsyy184elsabrown08e26d3682-3305-47b8-9997-1488d4f6ff18_zpscd6c53aajpg
    ~*~
    Married 4.4.09  ~*~  Me-34 & DH-32 ~*~
    Complete Thyroidectomy Oct 07'  &  Cardiac Ablation Surgery for SVAT Sept 11'
    BFP #1 - 10.3.10  I  EDD 6.11.16  I  Boy #1 born 6.16.11
    BFP #2 - 9.12.13 l EDD 5.27.14 l CP 9.20.13
    BFP #3 - 3.5.14 I  EDD 11.17.14 I  Boy #2 born 11.17.14

• Options
    Wow you are all nuts. The girl has a question and right away so many people attack! She obviously is new to all of this. Apparently you have all forgotten what that feels like. I've been lurking these forums for a while and see way to much of this. It's time for me to leave I think. So much for a forum for women to be able to talk to each other about the experiences they've had and help others.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Wow you are all nuts. The girl has a question and right away so many people attack! She obviously is new to all of this. Apparently you have all forgotten what that feels like. I've been lurking these forums for a while and see way to much of this. It's time for me to leave I think. So much for a forum for women to be able to talk to each other about the experiences they've had and help others.

photo buhbye_zps22940a59.jpg 

• Options
    edited July 2013

I had 30 day cycles for 14 years straight. The first time my cycle became longer than that I had enough common sense to know that the negative pregnancy tests meant i wasn't pregnant, a woman's body changes with time and/or an off cycle was a normal experience. Ill never understand why people are naive enough to believe that just because their cycle length changes they must be pregnant and/or something is wrong that warrants a doctors visit.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you CCdolly05! I'll be leaving too I think. I'm tired of such negative ppl.
  • Options
    I'm sure most of you here had worries sometimes but didn't get treated like this! It was just a simple question and just wanted advice without feeling so judged. I wanted to hear other ppls experiences just to see if mine was similar. If you're just going to judge me like this then don't bother replying.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"