Multiples
Options

Another set of boy/girl twins and zofran question

Had my anatomy scan this morning and both babies looked great. We knew going in that at least one of them was a boy from the Mat21 test but were thrilled to see that baby A is a girl and baby B is a boy. Somehow it feels more real to know that the baby on my left side is a little girl and the baby on my right side is a little boy. 

My cervix is measuring over 4 and I am finally starting to gain weight. I am almost 17 weeks and only gained 2.8 pounds from pre-pregnancy weight but I am really encouraged because consistently losing it was making me nervous. I had hoped to be able to stop zofran soon but my doctor said it is normal for twin moms to stay on until the 20th week and some have to stay on the whole time. Anyone else have to take zofran and if so, how long were you on it? 
BFP #1 on 12/15/11 but missed m/c with d&c on 2/1/12.
BFP #2 on 5/1/13 = boy/girl TWINS with EDD of 1/3/14 but expected no later than 12/20/13.

Re: Another set of boy/girl twins and zofran question

• Options
    Congrats on your boy and girl!  I might be a little biased, but it's the best!
    ;)
    Double the love
    photo Eastercollage_zps0735f04a.jpg
    7/30/12 - B/G twins born at 33w4d due to PPROM
  • Options
    Congrats on a boy and a girl!

I only took zofran as needed, and I was able to stop by about 16 weeks, I think -- still had some off days, but I was able to keep food and water down by that point.
    Married 8/2008. IVF with PGD March 2013.
    3/22 ER: 25R, 20M, 15F. 9 genetically normal, and 3 survived to Day 5
    3/27 ET: transferred 1 embryo, beta 9dp5dt=163, 12dp5dt=639
    4/25 1st ultrasound at 7 weeks = identical twins with heartbeats?!!!
    PPROM at 31w, delivery at 32 weeks of two beautiful girls
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No advice on the Zofran but welcome to Team Purple! My Baby A and Baby B were the exact same combination and positions.
                                                 Rainbow - Married - 5/31/03
                                               Christian Alexander - 11/13/06
                                        Amelia Rose & Owen Thomas - 3/29/11

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (eGB2)
    Be The Match - and help save a life by signing up for the National Marrow Donor Program.
  • Options
    Congrats! Yay team Purple!
  • Options
    Just wanted to drop by and say congrats. I'm also carrying boy/girl twins, but my girl (baby A) is on the right side and boy (baby B) on the left. Sorry, no advice on Zofran.
  • Options
    I started cutting down on the anti-nausea meds one dose at a time. I think the last one to go was the morning Zofran, but I was able to cut back sooner than 20 weeks. If you stop taking it and still feel crappy, just start it back up again!

Grant - 6/2/11
    Glenn and Caroline - 6/19/13

• Options
    Congratulations! I had to be on zofran my entire pregnancy with both pregnancies (my son and then the girls). I had hyperemesis with my pregnancies and could not keep anything down, it was miserable. My on never said there was a point he wanted to try to ween me off but I was also a pretty severe case. My sister had to be on it with her two pregnancies as well until about six or seven months. All our kids are just fine.
  • Options
    I was on zofran almost until the start of the 3rd tri. I think I was 23ish weeks when I was able to be off it most of the time. There were still occasional days I needed it until the end though.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• Options
    I took zofran from week 8 to 13. It was a lifesaver.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hunter22 said:
    Congratulations! I had to be on zofran my entire pregnancy with both pregnancies (my son and then the girls). I had hyperemesis with my pregnancies and could not keep anything down, it was miserable. 
    This but I had a girl then boys. It made things manageable and I also took b6/half a unisom nightly with the boys. I threw up right threw labor with my daughter. it was horrid. but all the kids are great. and this probably isn't true, but I was hospitalized sick with my daughter, blew out all the blood vessels in my eyes from throwing up and was just miserable. BUT she was champ sleeper who took 3 hour naps till she was 5. I always told myself I earned it with her pregnancy (my family couldn't believe I wanted to get pg again it was so bad with her). so maybe it will be the same for you. ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"