Pregnant after 35
Options

Constipation and not contractions

I calles my doctor and they assured me I was not having contractions. I never would've thought I could get so bad with constipation. It seems like it happened once I had to change my diet even more because my glucose levels were a bit high. The knots and bubbles in my stomach as well from the gas is unbelievable. I'm taking Metamucil and Mylicon for it. The baby's movement even decreased some but as soon as I use the bathroom, she's doing her gymnastics. I wasn't like this at all with my first three.

Anyone else been dealing with this?

Re: Constipation and not contractions

• Options
    I had absolutely horrible constipation up until about 3 weeks ago, I am now 22 weeks. I became impacted 3 times in first tri, early second tri. It was awful. Nothing seemed to help. It's a huge relief to feel back to normal. I'm not sure why it's so much better now, maybe just different hormone levels. I recommend drinking as much water as you can stand. I think that helps me more than anything. Sorry you're suffering.
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Options
    Yes I never thought it could be so bad. I think me slacking off with water is one of the culprits so I'm back to drinking up about 64 ozs rather than half. I will be glad when it's over.
    Guennie said:

I had absolutely horrible constipation up until about 3 weeks ago, I am now 22 weeks. I became impacted 3 times in first tri, early second tri. It was awful. Nothing seemed to help. It's a huge relief to feel back to normal. I'm not sure why it's so much better now, maybe just different hormone levels. I recommend drinking as much water as you can stand. I think that helps me more than anything. Sorry you're suffering.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"