Toddlers: 24 Months+

What do you drive??

Hi Ladies,
Just curious what does everyone drive? Especially those of you who have more then 1 child.
My husband and I are TTC. We already have a daughter that is 2 yr old. We travel a fair amount up to a camp that is 4 1/2 hours away. So we need to have good storage in a vehicle.
I currently drive a Chevy Equinox. I like it a lot. Has your typical blind spots but other then that it is a great vehicle. Packing wise everything fits but with another car seat I'm not sure. Tend to over pack a lot. So it could be fine LOL  It is a lease so I'm seeing what other options are out there.

Thanks
MNM

Re: What do you drive??

• eb1113eb1113 member
    I drive a GMC Acadia. I love it! Most of the time we have the 3rd row folded down so there is a lot of storage. We have bucket seats in the 2nd row so the two car seats fit perfectly.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • With just two, we drive a VW Jetta. It's a tight squeeze for travel, but we do just fine in it. With #3 on the way we'll be upgrading to a mini van, probably a Honda Odyssey or Toyota Sienna.
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • alakealake member
    edited July 2013
    We have five in harnessed car seats.
    We have a Honda Odyssey 8 passenger, but have ordered a Nisan NV.  I can`t believe we are going to a 12 passenger van, but it is going to be easier.  I had my third in August of 2012.  In February 2013, we took custody of a newborn, she is five months now, and a two year old.
    We are home in Canada.  I have a rental Dodge Grand Caravan, and I hate it.  Going from driving a fully loaded Honda, to a pretty much entry level Grand Caravan sucks, big time.
  • We have a Ford Edge and a Ford C-max hybrid and 2 kids. Our car seats fit side by side in each car which is helpful. We have a Thule roof storage bag and roof rails on both cars which is really helpful for trips. The bag is light and weatherproof and easy to load onto the car. We have used it for our 2 week trek to visit family in New England at Xmas and it was great.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have an Escalade ESV which is the same size as a Suburban. The 2nd row is 2 captain chairs and the 3rd row seats 3 so I could probably fit 4 carseats and one booster if needed.

It has a backup camera and the side mirrors tilt down when in reverse so it makes backing up a breeze. I can parallel park better than I did in my Civic!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• We have a Cavalier & a GMC Sierra. I love the truck, yet DS can't ride in it, there's no extended cab. The Cavalier was my mom's, my Alero's engine blew & it was either drive the Cavalier or a car payment. I chose to stash more cash & deal with the Cavalier. It's so small- we don't go out of town much. My hopes is to have an SUV of some sort in the next year.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • We have the dodge caravan crew and love it. Its fully loaded with the exception of the built-in DVD and automatic back hatch. The stowngo allows for a lot of storage.All of the seats can hide away in the van. Where DDs seat can stow, I store stuff in there under the floor. It has three zone temp controls and tailgate seating in the back. You can actually flip the back seat backwards and sit in the seat under the tailgate. Its been great for my nephews soccer games. The automatic sliding doors are awesome and its super easy to take a car seat in and out in these. I get about 24 mpg city/highway and just got 27/28 mpg on a long trip to Maine and NY. Ours was a used rental that was traded in so we even had some of the factory warranty left on it.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Our 3 Precious Angels That Left Us Too Soon
    BFP #2-EDD 07/05/13 - Tater and Tot passed at 12w3d. D&C 1/17/13
    BFP #3-EDD 12/19/13 - Peanut passed at 9w1d. D&C 05/31/13

Diagnosed with Hypothyroid 05/20/13 

BFP #4 - 09/22/13 - DD#2 born 05/27/14

All Alers Welcome!

imageimage

• I have a BMW x5 but considering going larger when lease is up. I'm due with my second.
    Colton Emanuel
    March 16, 2011

My Blog

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Leap08Leap08 member
    ncbelle said:
    Subaru Outback - perfect for two kids and two 50 pound dogs.
    I also have an Outback - and I agree that it's perfect for two kids and dogs. If we need extra space, we use a skybox, which actually holds a lot.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • We have a Honda Civid Hybrid (two kids - 4 and 7) that I drive for every day use. For traveling, skiing, or going anywhere with our two big dogs we drive a Toyota 4Runner. We have Thule box for the 4Runner to carry our skis, or extra gear when we have the dogs in the back.

We'll be replacing the Honda soon (it's an '03 and isn't doing great) and I'm hoping to get some sort of hatchback. Maybe a Mazda 3. I think we'll always have a 4Runner - our current one is the second one we've owned and is also an '03 but still  seems to have many miles left on it.
  • Chrysler Town and Country Minivan.  I had two under two.  It was the best decision ever.  We have so much room.  Two TVS (DVD players) storage everywhere, GPS, computer system.  We have gone on multiple road trips with tons of room.  I love it and I was not a minivan person to begin with! 
    DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
  • Chevy Cruze - I do not love it. Primary complaints are that it does not get the mileage we were lead to believe it would, and the back seat is really uncomfortable once a car seat is in there - for getting baby in and out of the car seat and for any additional passengers. Probably not on your list of potentials, but I wanted to put it out there for any parents surveying this list for ideas like I am. 
  • Nissan Xterra that I've had nearly 10years. 

Poor gas mileage, only power doors/windows, no bells & whistles, only two car seats fit in the second row (there's less than 5" between them b/c it's so narrow). BUT it has a HUGE cargo area in the back and is easy to drive! 

I love it because it's sentimental to me - I met & married my husband and brought both my kids home in it. :)

I'm looking at the new Audi Q7 to purchase next year. With both kids, dogs, and SO MUCH carpool, I really need a third row!

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

• I drive a 4Runner sports addition and DH drives a Ford150-4 door and its much bigger inside then my 4Runner. I'm jealous lol
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I recently got a Chrysler town and country minivan.  We got a third foster child and needed something bigger.  With just two we had a Toyota corolla and a Jeep Patriot...we took the jeep with two kids in car seats and a mall dg when we travelled out of town in December and it was fine.  I did not want a minivan but I love it!  It's fully loaded with a DVD player, and back up camera.  The stow and go seating is awesome.  We took all three kids 9 hours on vacation at the beginning of the month and it was very comfortable for everyone.  Second row is two bucket seats and the third is a bench seat.

~*Jenna*~

TTC since November 2009.

Currently licensed foster parents with the hope of adopting!  Also pursuing pregnancy through IUI!  First IUI scheduled 10/3/13

Currently loving our placements:

A 1/08

C 4/11

K 6/12

• I have a 2.5yo and one on the way. We drive a Mazda 3 hatchback. It's small but feels pretty roomy inside. I've seen bigger trunks but we've never had a problem fitting everything (we also have a roofrack). The best part is that the gas mileage is quite good. We visit family 4hrs away once a month, and we get there and back on less than a tank of gas (about 40mpg avg on hway). We live in the city so it's nice to park a small car, too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Mini Van - ChryslerTown and Country

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• I have an almost 3yr old and a 7mo old and DH drives a Honda Civic Hybrid (mostly) to work to save on gas and I drive a Honda CR-V. I love the CR-V. I didn't want an SUV because of the gas costs, but something with decent space.
  • LSU628LSU628 member
    I have a Mazda CX9 and I love it. I have 2 in car seats and most of the time the 3rd row is folded down with tons of storage space. I drive 45 minutes each way for my commute and I get pretty good gas mileage (23-24MPG) for a larger SUV.
    imageimage
  • I have a 2013 ford explorer love the room inside. Have 3rd row folded down for stroller. Rides great and very comfortable for the kids.
  • 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan.

May 2011 Siggy Challenge
    imageimageimage

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• VespahVespah member
    We have a Mazda 5 for the 2 kids and love it. Lots of space in the back, or fold the seats up to carry 2 more people. It's like a minivan, but drives like a car.
    Derek - February 2013        Caelyn April 2011
    imageimage

• DaisyMaeMommyDaisyMaeMommy member
    edited July 2013
    We have an 07 GMC Yukon. We only have two kids, but we constantly have our nieces riding places with us, or my Mom and Dad, brothers, etc etc.

Haven't had it for too long, but it's great for carrying alot of stuff. But we're getting maybe 18 MPG, which kinda stinks.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • aandgaandg member
    Chevy Traverse-We've very comfortably fit three convertible (one rear facing) car seats and four adults along with a double and single stroller in the back. 
    BFP #1 6/21/08 natural m/c 7/4/08 BFP #2 10/3/08 blighted ovum discovered 11/5/08 D&C 11/13/08 dx with hetero MTHFR 1/7/09 BFP #3 7/1/09 DS born 3/7/10 BFP #4 1/27/10 DD born 9/4/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Our dd is 3 and we have a baby on the way. I drive a VW Jetta and my husband drives a Honda Element. We love them both and are driving them unil they die lol.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"