1st Trimester
Options

Equate (walmart) brand blue dye tests

HI! Jumping over from another board!

Has anyone else used the equate (walmart) brand blue dye tests?

My periods are irregular so when they run a little late I like to take a pregnancy test just in case.  I bought a 2 pack of equate (walmart) brand tests today and took them both.  I got a slight positive on both, not a dark line, but it was there (barely though).  I then remembered that I had heard that blue dye tests were not good so I started googling and found that false positives are extremely common with these tests.  I then googled the brand and found even more people saying that false positives were common on these tests.  So I then went and took a cheap-o dollar tree test and a digital and both were negative.  

I am not asking if I am pregnant...I believe that I am not...I am just curious if anyone had similar results with these walmart tests?? And if so, did you end up finding you were pregnant a few days later, or was it really just a false positive?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Equate (walmart) brand blue dye tests

• Options
    Blue dye are known for ghost lines and uncertain results. I avoid anything with blue dye.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I guess I am an odd ball, cause I bought the same, and got clear positives in the evening.  Took the other first thing in the morning still positive.  There was no waiting or guessing though it showed as the urine passed through the test.

Doc test confirmed a week later. I am now 32 weeks.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I  have definitely heard to stay away from tests with blue dye because of the evaporation line issue.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I found out I was pregnant using one of these, it was the equate early response blue due test 2 in a pack. I tried one 3 days before my missed period in the evening and it didnt have a control line so I disregarded it. The next morning I peed on the other one and tested positive. It was pretty faint but a clear second line. The next day I took one at the health dept that was also positive. So it worked for me. if the secon line is just an off white line you can barely see its probably an evap line but if it has some blue color, no matter how faint, its a positive. Congrats!
  • Options

I am not asking if I am pregnant...I believe that I am not...I am just curious if anyone had similar results with these walmart tests?? And if so, did you end up finding you were pregnant a few days later, or was it really just a false positive?

I read it. She asked towards the bottom if anyone turned out to be pregnant a few days later after taking one. I did. So the test was accurate and not a false positive for me. I have taken two other pregnancy tests, one at the health dept and one and the doctor's. Both confirmed that I am pregnant. Just like the equate test said. So it wasn't false for me.
  • Options
    car seat said:

Right, but a lot of people DO get false positives with them. Even strong positives. You did turn out to be pregnant, but a lot of people don't. 

I understand that. I was telling my experience with them. Which is what the thread was requesting.
  • Options
    I used the 88 cent red dye test that Walmart carries before using a more expensive brand.  I got a clear positive.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yeah I liked the 88 cent ones... Cheaper and pink dye! If you think they might be real positives, try one tomorrow with FMU

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    ziggy903 said:

Yeah I liked the 88 cent ones... Cheaper and pink dye! If you think they might be real positives, try one tomorrow with FMU

Definitely try a different one tomorrow whether you think your preggers or not. It's best to know so you can treat your body right. I took two digital tests when I was late and they both came back negative. I took EPT First Response with the pink dye like two days later and it came back positive right away. Definitely get a pink test and the ones that are 88 cents are just as good as any of the others so maybe try those. :) Good luck!

• Options
    I used an equate test when I tested with DD. It was positive, but b/c I didn't trust it I went and bought a FRER and it was positive as well.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"