Multiples

Back from my anatomy scan!

First off, I have never met a more personable doctor in my life. He was so friendly, funny and down to earth. What a way to relax someone (this was my first time meeting my MFM).

Both baby GIRLS looked absolutely perfect. I was so relieved. They were both measuring almost identical in weight (only off by 1 gram). My cervix was in the 4s I think and he said that was amazing. He gave me a bunch of advice on what is best to eat to help them grow and I left feeling just wonderful.

I also almost peed my pants at one point when the ultraspund tech was looking at baby As feet and said "this little girl has a long second toe. Anyone in the family have that?" We always make fun of DH and his ET toes so we thought that was hilarious. I'm interested to see what they really look like when she is born. DD1 has my flinstone feet.

Also, the MFM said no sex at all after 20 weeks. I was shocked by that. Anyone else get put on pelvic rest that early?

I was given a CD of 215 pictures. haha It was the best appointment I've ever had.

Re: Back from my anatomy scan!

• That is awesome! How great that you received a CD also!
  • So glad it went well! I'm on pelvic rest for a low-lying placenta, but not sure absent that if my doctor would have ordered pelvic rest over 20 weeks automatically.
    Married 8/2008. IVF with PGD March 2013.
    3/22 ER: 25R, 20M, 15F. 9 genetically normal, and 3 survived to Day 5
    3/27 ET: transferred 1 embryo, beta 9dp5dt=163, 12dp5dt=639
    4/25 1st ultrasound at 7 weeks = identical twins with heartbeats?!!!
    PPROM at 31w, delivery at 32 weeks of two beautiful girls
  • Loading the player...
  • The doctor goes "If your husband spends a little ectra time in the shower, don't bother him." I was cracking up.

• Congrats on your little girls!
    Double the love
    photo Eastercollage_zps0735f04a.jpg
    7/30/12 - B/G twins born at 33w4d due to PPROM
  • Congratulations on two more healthy girls! I was never put on pelvic rest but I can tell you that after about 23-24 weeks I wasn't comfortable enough to even try so it was never an issue.
                                                 Rainbow - Married - 5/31/03
                                               Christian Alexander - 11/13/06
                                        Amelia Rose & Owen Thomas - 3/29/11

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (eGB2)
    Be The Match - and help save a life by signing up for the National Marrow Donor Program.
  • Out of curiosity what did he suggest eating to help them grow?
                         My fraternal twin boys. Born Sept 2013.
  •  

jocie2581 said:
    Out of curiosity what did he suggest eating to help them grow?
    He said protein, cheese, nuts, veggies and to limit to many carbs. I can have carbs but just try not to have a huge pasta dish, etc.

• congrats. and I essentially put myself on pelvic rest right about then. I was too uncomfortable in the only workable positions that I said forget it...
    Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
  • SWA80SWA80 member
    Congrats! I'm 29 weeks and not on pelvic rest. I had my cervix checked manually today and it bled a ton, seems like sex would be fine compared to that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"