Parenting after 35
Options

Turned into my mom

ELF4321ELF4321 member
edited July 2013 in Parenting after 35
Anyone else? I find myself more and more using her expressions, acting like her, and generally turning into her, in spite of my best efforts to avoid this!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Turned into my mom

• Options
    KL777KL777 member
    edited July 2013

I don't use her expressions or act like her, but I do a lot of things that she does.  For example, she loves putting out mulch and I make sure that my flower beds have plenty of mulch.  Also, she teaches at her church and I help teach at my church also (during the summer).

It's not a bad thing! :-)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• Options
    Oh yes.  I turned into my mom a long time ago.  I actually told DD1 that if I say something like Grammy that she is to point it out to me.  She loves that and has done a good job of pointing it out.  Sometimes I apologize as it's something I've never wanted to say, but usually I just tell her that Grammy must have been right then. lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've been told since I was a teen that I look just like my mom but we really don't look anything alike.  Different coloring, etc.  But I have her facial expressions, her favorite sayings come out of my mouth, and our body language is the same.  I am so exactly like my mother it's frightening.
  • Options
    Nope. My mom and I are not similar creatures at all. My aunt and I though are completely on the same wavelength. For the longest time I thought I was adopted because I was so different from everyone in the family and I resemble no one (only one cousin on my dad side looks similar), I definitely don't look like my parents. I did almost say once "I'll give you something to cry about" and realized my dad talked like that and it sounded ridiculous.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"