December 2011 Moms
Options

Did we discuss?

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Re: Did we discuss?

• Options
    I  was disappointed with the name but it makes sense why they named him that, for family reasons. I do like Alexander though so I would call him Alex :) I figured it would be something old fashioned since that's what they usually do and I think it's kind of ridiculous that the Queen has to approve of the name, wow!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like it :)
  • Options
    I don't personally care for George but I do love Alexander. I'm not surprised though that it's an old fashioned name. I couldn't imagine that it would be something trendy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    mtb21 said:
    I think it's kind of ridiculous that the Queen has to approve of the name, wow!
    Oh that I didn't know! I agree that there's nothing really to criticize, and I think if they had chosen something a little more modern it would be really popular soon which is something I would have tried to avoid.
    Yea they think that they talked to her about it when she came to visit the baby but who knows! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    edited July 2013

I totally called it. It's what William's grandfather (the queen's father) was called when he became king, and you know everyone knows who that was b/c of the movie :)

I like his middle names also. George isn't my favorite name, but it's perfect for them and a good name for a prince.

\image  image

• Options
    RicolaRicola member
    I like it! Obviously I like Alexander and if this baby is a boy, we are actually considering naming him Louis (my dad is Joern Carsten Louis *last name*). I don't think I'd name my baby boy George, but I don't find it bad. 

Much better than North, for sure!
    DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Options
    ccip82ccip82 member
    I like it! My only issue was there have been a lot of King George's in British/English History. I love the names together they flow nicely.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• Options
    Not my fave first name - but definitely fitting for a King!  One of DS's middle names is George so I voted for George out of all the names I heard being tossed around!

• Options
    I'm ok with George. It's not really my taste, but hey, it's not my kid right? As far as popularity goes, I read somewhere that couples in the UK were waiting weeks to name their babies so that they could use the same name as the new prince or princess. Craziness.
    OHM born 12/16/11, BAM born 1/10/14, mmc 06/30/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I actually really like the name.  I think it flows well and I too think it will sky rocket. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm still kind of bummed that they didn't choose Spencer!  Alas, twas their name to choose as the parents and I'm sure they're loving little George to pieces!  I think there will be a lot of Georges coming up the pike though for names.  I have friends that did the middle names of Thomas and Harry and that is what they call their kiddos instead of by their first names.  But to each their own, it's the beauty of being parents.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Love the name. It has been on our list for Baby #2, but I'm hesitating now because of Baby Prince.

~ Married 10.30.04 ~
    DS1 born 12.31.11 ~ DS2 born 2.4.14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"