Blended Families
Options

T&P for my sister

My sister has a boyfriend, great guy, military man, very nice, great with my niece. Well they have been getting serious and her ex does not like it so yesterday he picked my niece up for visitation and is refusing to return her. She has a CO so she called the cops who told her to go to the court house. Ex was there and served her papers he filed for custody. Oh and he is claiming that because my niece has one bruise that she could have been hit. The sheriff there told her to go back to the police station because her ex is in contempt of their CO so they should do something. Any prayers would be greatly appreciated while my sister works to get her daughter back. TIA
No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside.

Re: T&P for my sister

• Options
    What a mess! I hope things get straightened out shortly! T&Ps!

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    I hope she gets her back very soon! When BM refused to give SS over to DH nobody would do anything. She waited a few days and then filed for an emergency hearing cried big crocodile tears to the judge and got temporary custody. DH had to wait a week to see another judge and thank god he saw through her BS. I really hope your sister doesn't have to go through any of that but the bruise thing sounds all too familiar.
    utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Getting Pregnant">Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are in PA. She is having a hard time getting anyone to do anything.
    No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside.

• Options
    cole2144 said:
    We are in PA. She is having a hard time getting anyone to do anything.
    Is she in the city or County?
  • Options
    Also, how is the custody order worded?
    Does it have exact days and time the child should be with each parent?
    I ask this because the city police are basically taught not to deal with custody issues to refer them to court and the 'burbs normally will only do something if there is absolutely no way to interpret outside of what your sister is saying.
    In the area you live (tri-county) its hard to get the police to remove the child from one parent and give to the other.

• Options
    Reminds me of the time BM and SF and they crap they used to pull with his EXW over his DD. They basically did that same thing 2 years in a row right before Christmas. They took her and then filed emergency custody and would have her about 3-5 months each time (with EXW not getting any visits during that time) and when they returned for the real hearing EXW got her back. Then I guess when they figured out they couldn't get custody, they just stopped seeing her all together and stopped paying CS and they blame HER....
    DD(14),SD(13),SS(11),SS(9),DS(3)

• Options
    Delco, I told her to go to the court house and file for emergency custody.

• Options
    Not sure as I have never read it but she is in the suburbs. I do know that he gets EOW and Wednesday night visits for a couple hours.

• Options
    Delco police won't do anything :(

When I was at the courthouse filing for something there was another mom there who had custody and a co and they told her all she could do was file for an emergency hearing. The mom's mom had the baby in Philly and wouldn't give her back. It's messed up.

I hope her ex brings your niece home.
  • Options

WWMS said:
    Delco police won't do anything :( When I was at the courthouse filing for something there was another mom there who had custody and a co and they told her all she could do was file for an emergency hearing. The mom's mom had the baby in Philly and wouldn't give her back. It's messed up. I hope her ex brings your niece home.
    That is horrible. I really hope he brings her back soon, my poor sister is a wreck!

• Options
    Oh honey, I am so sorry for your family.  I remember how terrified I was last Summer when DC hid the kids from me.  The fear is paralyzing.

Keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers.  Every ounce of positive energy I have is being sent your way.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

• Options
    jobalchak said:
    Oh honey, I am so sorry for your family.  I remember how terrified I was last Summer when DC hid the kids from me.  The fear is paralyzing.

Keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers.  Every ounce of positive energy I have is being sent your way.
    Thank you so much!

• Options
    Many T&P.  That is just awful!
  • Options
    I am so sorry.  All my T&Ps are with your family.  I hope by now there is some progress.
    If being a math nerd is wrong, I don't wanna be right!
  • Options
    Thoughts and prayers to you all, and especially your sister and niece. I can't even imagine how she is feeling right now. Hopefully the court will surprise us all and move quickly to fix this. Please keep us posted.
    "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage." ~ Lao Tzu
  • Options
    Thoughts and prayers with you. Sorry your sister is dealing with this. I am crazy but I would call a news on your side station to alert the media about a parental abduction and the police's lack of response. I would be horrified if this happened. If he's crazy enough to forgo the CO would he ever leave the state with her?! Anyways very scary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    So as of now, we have no progress. I don`t think he would leave the state with her, my sister and her ex are very young 22. BD just likes to give my sister a hard time but whenever his visitation interferes with his social life, he wants my sister to keep my niece or drops her off early. If my sister is not home, he will without my sister`s permission, drop her off to our parents. The sad thing is I really think it`s his mother who wants my niece, she is the one who does pickups and most communication with my sister.

• Options
    Sad :( I'm sorry your sister is dealing with that
  • Options
    cole2144 said:
    So as of now, we have no progress. I don`t think he would leave the state with her, my sister and her ex are very young 22. BD just likes to give my sister a hard time but whenever his visitation interferes with his social life, he wants my sister to keep my niece or drops her off early. If my sister is not home, he will without my sister`s permission, drop her off to our parents. The sad thing is I really think it`s his mother who wants my niece, she is the one who does pickups and most communication with my sister.
    T&Ps for the whole situation - I cannot imagine what your sister is going through!

The bold just makes me sick. I can't stand grandparents like that. Based off what you're saying, and so long as your sister has been documenting, BD shouldn't have a leg to stand on. Please keep us updated, and hopefully your niece will be returned to your sister safely a.s.a.p.
  • Options
    cole2144 said:

Did your sister go to the court house and file for an emergency hearing?

• Options

I am so sorry to hear about this.. I can't believe they won't do anything. Isn't that considered kidnapping? I hope your sister has filed what she needs to and they get the ball rolling fast.

T's and P's for you and your family. Please update when you can

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers                            

My Loves= SD 18 SS 16 SS13 DD13 DS10 SD6 SD5 

• Options
    My sister filed contempt and emergency custody.

• Options

Did they tell her how long until she gets it heard?

That is awful.  I thought exh was doing this the day we moved.  I had the CO and was leaving for the police station in 30 minutes when he appeared at my door (he did not have our new address, so that was creepy). 

I am so sorry she is going through this.

• Options
    They told her she should hear something from the court house today or Monday.

• Options
    cole2144 said:

They told her she should hear something from the court house today or Monday.

T&P's for her. I can't even imagine hearing "oh today, maybe Monday" when it came to my child. Hopefully he is punished for his actions and never does anything like this again.

• Options
    Has anything changed or your sister heard anything from the court? BM did this to DH a couple of years ago and it was 3 months through the courts before we were able to get them back home. I thought about your sister all weekend hope things are better or at least moving along.
  • Options
    Thank you, I was actually going to update today. Yesterday, BD brought my niece back but my sister is still going through with the emergency custody hearing. Today, her ex gets a couple hours visitation starting at 5 and though my sister does not want to, she feels she has no choice but to let her daughter go. I have not heard if she has any word from the court today.

• Options
    I hope today went well. Let us know how court goes.
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"