May 2013 Moms
Options

Nap Wars Update-Sleepsuit

Jack has not been a good napper, 30 mins here and there and only in his bouncer, swaddled.

After him winning every war of getting him in his crib for a nap and him starting to dislike swaddling. I bought Merlins Magic Sleepsuit. It is supposed to be for 3 months and older but Jack is 11 weeks and I am ok with him starting early if that means him getting a good nap.

First attempt, he settled right in and slept 45 minutes. I realize now I probably got him up too early at his first wake up. This is his first time ever sleeping in a crib. He is RNP at night.

2nd attempt, one hour.

3rd attempt, 2 1/2 hours!! I did have to go in maybe 4 times just so he could see me and he went right back to sleep!

We hope to transition to him doing this at night by next week.

It looks hot, but it is not. My house is A/C.

Fingers crossed it continues to work!
photo siggy_zpsf288824b.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Nap Wars Update-Sleepsuit

• Options
    also, they do have a decent amount of range of motion in it. He can kick and raise his arms up. 
  • Options
    That's awesome. That's what I think we will transition too when we are done swaddling.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    *to, not too* ;)
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    delinodelino member
    How does that thing work?
    3 ectopic pregnancies (EDD's 1/30/12-tube removed, 6/2/12-methotrexate and 10/2/12-methotrexate)
    IVF and Natural FET resulted in BFN's and a hole in our wallets
    Natural BFP #4 on 9/7/12 gave us our miracle on 5/18/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I guess its comforting them like a swaddle but allows some movement. When he startles, it is minimal and doesn't wake him.
  • Options
    delinodelino member
    Is it hot? It looks really thick.
    3 ectopic pregnancies (EDD's 1/30/12-tube removed, 6/2/12-methotrexate and 10/2/12-methotrexate)
    IVF and Natural FET resulted in BFN's and a hole in our wallets
    Natural BFP #4 on 9/7/12 gave us our miracle on 5/18/13
  • Options
    krwactkrwact member
    I've seen this before and have wondered if it's worth the money.  We're approaching the time to stop swaddling but the few times I've tried leaving one or both arms out have been disasters.  
    Kim 

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    He has not felt hot when I have taken him out of it. I dont know about a non-a/c house. His room is 75 degrees. It is not as heavy as it looks. Its like foamy rather than all material.
  • Options
    I have been wanting to order one for when she's older! She squirms and wiggles so much when she's asleep, there's no way it can be restful enough.
  • Options
    I dont know why they start the sizes at 3 months. I would have done this at one month if they had one smaller. I am convinced that Jack cant toot and poop in his swaddle and that is all his struggling in his is for.
  • Options
    krwact said:
    I've seen this before and have wondered if it's worth the money.  We're approaching the time to stop swaddling but the few times I've tried leaving one or both arms out have been disasters.  
    Honestly, the freedom I have had in just the 4 naps that I have used it has been worth the money. Before I was having to bounce his bouncer and limited to what i could do around the house because I didnt want to wake him in the living room. I feel like a new woman!
  • Options
    He really does seem to know that once he is in it, it is nap time. Never cries just phases out. I sent a picture to my mom and she thinks I am torturing him. LOL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"