Dads & Dads-to-be

5 Thing Thursday

I tried posting this once before and it disappeared, so here we go again.

1) Now that we have a few days in, what do you like and dislike about the new board formats?

2) Where you love taking your little ones?  If they aren't here yet, where do you anticipate that being?

3) Has becoming a parent, or the impending birth of your child, changed your Christmas buying habits?  Do you buy earlier?  Wait to the last minute even longer? (Christmas in July question).

4-5 are you.

Re: 5 Thing Thursday

• 1) Now that we have a few days in, what do you like and dislike about the new board formats?

I find it harder to navigate from board to board, extra steps that aren't needed, unlike before.  Don't know why they killed the old post totals on the threads.  I do like that they move active conversations up to the top of the board.

2) Where you love taking your little ones?  If they aren't here yet, where do you anticipate that being?

Main places right now are the zoo and children's museum.  Place I am most looking forward to taking them that they have yet to be is Disney World.

3) Has becoming a parent, or the impending birth of your child, changed your Christmas buying habits?  Do you buy earlier?  Wait to the last minute even longer? (Christmas in July question).

We have already started shopping this year for the kids, just a couple of things.  Having one birthday a week before Christmas and another birthday about 2 months after, plus 12 people in our immediate families, plus my brother-in-law's birthday is Christmas Eve, plus 6 kids 3 and under that are cousins we buy for, we have to spread out the financial hit.  Last year my wife and I didn't buy each other anything by mutual decision... hoping we won't have to go that far this year.

4) The humidity finally drained out of the air and yesterday was GREAT.  We went to the zoo and had a great time.  Hopefully it stays this way for a while... at least humidity wise, I'm not expecting it to be 75 every day in late July.

5) We have to go to Raliegh, NC in a couple months for my wife's 1st cousin's wedding.  We rarely see them, and it is going to cost over $700 to go just for the weekend essentially, and that is just travel expenses, not wedding specific ones.  Never been to Raliegh, or North Carolina in general, so it'll add a new state visited to the list, but we could use the money so many other places.
  • polooo26 said:

4) My kid was exhausted at 8pm last night, but refused to settle down. He normally doesn't go to bed until 10. I finally got him to go for a walk, but he decided he wanted to see the chocho train I told him we might see. Cried for 10 minutes. I finally got down to his level and asked him if he wanted to see the chocho train. He whimpered yeeessss. I told him we could go on a car ride to see it when we got home. He was fine after that. Went on the car ride. Sat and waited. A train came by and he watched with a smile on his face. Then fell asleep within 30 seconds.

If this was us, we'd have very little problem.  We live so close to the CSX train yard, and there is a bridge that goes over the tracks that all we'd have to do is drive over the bridge to see the trains.  He doesn't ask to see them specifically, but always mentions them when we take the bridge over the tracks.
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. I like that it's faster, siggys are easier to change, improved search function and some other stuff. I do miss being able to see post counts under someone's name, and navigation is harder.

2. Love the park and the swimming pool right now. Basically anything outside.

3. My son got WAY too many presents last Christmas from friends and family. Not sure if that will happen again this year. He's probably still too young to anticipate Christmas much.

4. Speaking of Christmas, I'm figuring out if I can fly home this year and see my parents. I might take my son alone if my wife doesn't feel like spending the cash to hang out with my parents in a cold climate. It could be the first time he spends that many nights away from his Mama? (I've traveled for work, and she's traveled with him without me already).

5. Weird summer here too. It was relatively cold this weekend, then got hot again, now might be cold again? Back and forth, back and forth.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • 1.  Fucking swearing dude.  
         I miss post counts.

2.  Looking forward to taking my son to the Detroit Zoo and Cedar Point.

3.  No changes here yet.  I imagine less presents for Mommy and Daddy, and a fuck-ton for the little guy.  I hope that when I start buying toys for him, that I resist the urge to buy the one's I want for myself.  

Wife:  He wants a Thomas the Tank Engine train set.
    Me:  Oh yeah, what he means is Mr. T's Water War.

4.  Busiest week at work ever.  I am so over this shit.  Need booze, lots of booze.

5.  I have a bottle of Hoegaarden at home with my name on it.

• 1) I hate that when you reply it takes you directly to the bottom so you can't see the questions.

2) We go to the zoo often (we have a yearly pass) and my LO loves water as much as MW and I does.

3) I try to buy my Christmas gifts in late November or early December.  My wife does her shopping usually all online in early December.  We both hate large crowds.  I usually take him to see Santa at a local Christmas Connection where we have to pay a small fee to get in but the pictures with Santa are free using your own camera.  Beats going to the Mall and having to buy a package.

4) My LO went to the ER after falling at the zoo yesterday.  After 3 hours at the hospital they ended up not doing anything for him since he is too young to get stitches inside his mouth.

5) I am getting tired of all the people who don't want to drive with the flow of traffic and think that going the speed limit in the far left lane is acceptable when everyone else is driving 5 to 10 mph faster.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Wulfgar said:

5) I am getting tired of all the people who don't want to drive with the flow of traffic and think that going the speed limit in the far left lane is acceptable when everyone else is driving 5 to 10 mph faster.
    I'm jealous you live someplace where driving over (or at) the speed limit is possible. Damn Rush Hour Traffic!!!
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • Sometimes it isn't going the speed limit.  I have at least four areas where traffic slows down including two main interchanges where traffic at times becomes stop and go or we will have accidents since people think that they can go from the far right or left lane to the exit to the left or right.  All of this week it has taken me an additional 20 minutes to get home each night even leaving work later to avoid the 5pm traffic.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"