Pregnant after 35

Help.....Scream when....

Hi,  I am in the process of weaning my son from the magic sleepsuit and I think it would go well, but he cries so hard when rolls onto his back after sleeping o n his side. He will sleep a few hours at night on his side, does not seem to like to sleep on his tummy, but when he falls onto his back he wakes up hysterical. I normally try to put him back on his side and repeat the process until I give in and put the suit back on. The poor baby is so tired so I use the suit. He is 6months old and no other issues are known, he is a happy little guy. This is my 2nd child my first did not have this problem so I am at a loss. I would keep him in the suit longer since it works but he starts day care in September and will need to be out of it.

Any moms out there with some advice??? I am at a loss and sleep sacks don't work, he hates to have his feet covered.

Thank you!

Re: Help.....Scream when....

• There are some other forums for parenting after 35 and parenting by age group. Maybe your post would get better/educated responses in one of those forums as this is a forum for pregnancy experience after 35. 

My question, though, is why take him out of the magic sleepsuit at age 6MO if it works for him? It seems kids usually transition out the magic sleepsuit on their own at about 9 months of age. Maybe let him keep it on for a few more months or until he shows signs of readiness.  

Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Geeps2Geeps2 member

I apologize I had no idea what the magic sleepsuit was and I have a 17 month old.  I had to look it up to see.  I don't see why you should have to take him out of it if it is working for you  Did daycare specifically say they wouldn't use it?  If you really feel like you want/need to wean him from it can you gradually start getting him used to sleeping on his back in just his pj's?  If you lay him down at night on his side maybe start putting him down on his back first and see what happens?  Sorry I can't be of more help.  I swaddled then transitioned to a sleep sack and my little one has always been all over the crib position wise (belly, back, side etc) so I am of no use.

Good Luck!  A non-sleeping baby is never fun.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you for writing to me. When I place him on his back he immediately rolls to his side, which is fine but once on back SCREAMS! I will keep trying and seeing what I can do, may be he is just not ready. No day care did not say I had to it is just easier If he is isn't and I would like to stop using it, but he sleeps well with it so may be I should just let this go and enjoy sleeping :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"