Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Son SEEMED Potty Trained for a full month - but has regressed. Now what?

We had almost a month of an average of 1-2 accidents a day, but about 5 pees/poop on the potty and dry naps. Accidents always seemed random and when he was into playing with a toy, or with friends. I wasn't worried because I thought, "In a month, that 1-2 a day is going to go to 0-1 a day, and so on..." but instead, it's the exact opposite. Accidents all day long, with 1-2 successes a day. That's it. It's been 2 weeks of this. 

OK, so he says he likes peeing in his underwear and if he's naked, he just pees wherever he happens to be. He laughs when he does it, like it's a big joke to him. I know that if I try to battle him on this one, he's going to win. It's gotta be on his timeline...but...

I don't want to go back to diapers! That seems like such mixed messages. We put all his cloth diapers away and I have not offered them since MAY. It's July! I'd hate to regress back even further. I only started because he constantly took his diapers off and asked to pee in the toilet. And we have had an okay time PTing. 50% success after the first week, 75% for a couple weeks after that, then almost all the time for a month. He did it himself, I didn't rush him.

I'm not sure what to do at this point, how to react when he does it and laughs it off, in general, where to go from here.

We were doing a treat rewards system, (choc chips), and he liked it, but then after a month of good success, I wanted to get away from the treat part of it. We also did stickers and most of the time he didn't even care about the sticker. So that fell off his radar, too.

What do you think?
Expecting Baby #3 to complete our family. 
I have an adventurous 2 Year Old Toddler Boy & thoughtful 4 Year Old LIttle Girl! 
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
photo 172b031e-21cf-454e-ae3f-ea3666c05af5.jpg

photo BellyProgressionForSignature-32wks.jpg

Re: Son SEEMED Potty Trained for a full month - but has regressed. Now what?

• Options
    I'm sorry, I don't have any advice for you- I just posted something similar on my son regressing as well after a month of success. We, too, did treats which have lost their charm and are no longer working. I just wanted to tell you that you aren't alone, we are in the same boat :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"