Multiples
Options

Twins!!!

I guess this is my new board. I just found out a half hour ago my husband and I are having twins! I'm 7 weeks with baby B and 6.3 with baby A.

What's crazy is I have two other cousins in my family pregnant with twins right now!

I'm kind of freaking out :( This is my first pregnancy and I'm scared. My husband is beyond thrilled. I just don't know what to think or how to tell my HUGE family.

Re: Twins!!!

• Options
    Congratulations!! It's okay to freak out - believe me, I freaked out for about 6 weeks. I'm pretty sure that I hyperventilated for about a week straight. It'll sink in eventually, but it's incredibly surreal until you have them in hand! 
    imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Awesome news! The ultrasound that I found out was the best. Loved it! Very cool that you have cousins that are having twins, too. Best of luck and a long, healthy pregnancy!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome!!! This twin pregnancy thing is a wild ride but Im enjoying every second now.
  • Options
    Congratulations!!! I understand the surprise, excitement and freaking out emotions. We were thrilled when we found out at 8 weeks. You will figure out the perfect way to tell your family. How crazy that you have 2 cousins also pregnant with twins! This is a great board. Welcome!
  • Options
    Congratulations and welcome!
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Options
    Congratulations!   So exciting!
    Me (37) DH (39); PCOS changed to Unexplained, changed to DOR in 2012 (finally a correct diagnosis!); 
    Started TTC 2009 with RE after 6 months.  
    Clomid + Trigger x2; 
    IUI + Femara x1,
    IUI + Follistim x2;
    IVF #1 (MDL) February 2013- BFN.
    IVF #2 (antagonist) May 2013, First BFP of my life. 
    Identical twin miracle BOYS (!!) headed our way- due date is technically 2/4/14 but c section is scheduled for 1/7! 

BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Options
    Welcome and congrats!

Just want to add that you are not 7 weeks with one and 6.3 weeks with the other. That is just how old the babies are measuring, and it is completely normal for them to measure differently (within a certain range). It's also normal if you are say 7.5 weeks pregnant, and those are the babies measurements. Hope that explanation is clear.

Best wishes for your pregnancy!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    JoDocJoDoc member

Congratulations and Welcome!  Don't worry about the freaking out part.  I think it's normal.  We didn't, but were anticipating being told it was twins, so while a little shocking it wasn't a surprise.  How luck for you to have cousins going through very similar things right now!  Hopefully you are close and can lean on each other and offer suggestions and guidance, but this board is amazing for help as well!  I know these ladies have really helped me so far. 

Congrats again, and so glad to have you here!

• Options
    Congrats! I found out 2.5 weeks ago and my shock still hasn't worn off. I'm able to get more excited with each passing day, though I still have moments of panic here and there. :)
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome! :)
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • Options
    Congratulations! It's totally normal to freak out. DH was totally calm and when I got home I cried (like ugly cry). I was scared and sad for DD1. But now, I'm really excited (still a bit scared...ok a lot scared) but you'll do great. And you are so lucky to have family who is also going through the same thing.

• Options
    We have fake names for them too!!!! OMG that's so funny! We call them Stymie and Petunia!! hahahaha I'm so glad we're not the only weirdos who do this! thanks for being weird with us.
  • Options
    Reading all of this really does help. Thank you ladies so much for your responses. I'm still just so new to this I feel like Im even more clueless than ever. I am so lucky to have my cousins who are having twins. In the span of 6 months there will be 6 babies born into my family. My parents are freaking!! Hahaha. Clearly it's genetic! I am the first person in my immediate family to have twins and I am the youngest. I'm really paving the way for our huge family. They have all been SO supportive and are not worried about us at all. They told me if anyone in this family could handle twins it's me and my husband. God knew that too and I know I will look back at all this freaking out and laugh at it eventually. But right now it's been a little over 24 hours and I still feel like I'm dreaming. I didn't realize how much this extra little heart beat would change our lives even more than they already would. Much love to you all. Thanks again! You'll be reading from me much more! 
  • Options
    congrats and welcome
    Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"