Food Allergy

Egg replacement?

Ok we are one week away from DS first bday!! He is no longer allergic to milk or soy. Just wheat, eggs and peanuts. So I found an accommodating recipe except for the eggs. Any advice? I've seen the box of egg replacer and have heard unsweetened applesauce works too. Just wondering what people have used. Thanks!

Re: Egg replacement?

• I use applesauce and it works great. I've used it for pancakes, muffins, cupcakes, and cookies. I use unsweetened, but I still reduce the sugar the recipe calls for.
    someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • Congrats! We used the ener-g egg replacer w good results.
  • Loading the player...
  • I buy an egg replacer at Whole Foods - works perfectly and I make pancakes, cookies, meatballs etc.
    google Energ-g egg replacer. Works wonders!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • joi717joi717 member

Thanks so much!

• I use both applesauce and the box of egg replacer. Both have been successful, I trade off between the 2.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My new favorite recipe is called "wacky cake". It is an egg & dairy free cake. 

It is a recipe I found out from the 30's and 40's when there was an egg shortage. It is AMAZING. Super simple. 

We bring that to every family function now--and people are amazed that there are no eggs in it.
    My daughter is my hero.
  • my parents are vegans, they prefer flaxseed since it even adds health benefits. For every egg replace with 1tbsp. milled flaxseed & 3tbsp water. I've used this in everything from baked goods to cooking. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"