Infertility Veterans

Xp mole convo on third party

So I had posted a while back I'm some threads that I was going in to have a mole on my left side hip checked out. So they ended up shaving it off and they called me yesterday and said that I needed to come back in and they needed to try to remove all of the tissue and do a couple of stiches. It came back benign for cancer but had abnormal cells so they want to prevent any cancer from eventually forming later. So scary and I'm so glad I didn't wait around and went and had this checked out. So basically the mole I had was flat and dark for a very long time. All of a sudden it got lighter and changed shape a little and had a little hard bump under it. Moral to the story girls... If it looks weird have it checked and don't put it off!!!
Also for a little discussion how many of you think all this hormone and meds for IVF we end up doing is puttin our bodies thru and any of you had any weird health issues since being on meds for IVF.

I've had three rounds of some heavy duty drugs and this last round was by far the highest doses of meds. I got a ulcer right after I stopped all meds and was cancelled this last round and now this mole thing!!! So glad that I did DE this last time I dont think my body can handle more of this stuff!!
Me 34 and DH 39 married in aug. 2002
Did 5 round of clomid 2010 =BFN
 High levels of NK CELLS DX sept.2012 DOR:# 0.02 
IVF #1 May 2012  ER 4, EF 2, ET 2 =BFN
MINI IVF Oct.2012  Cancelled 10-27-12
Ivf #3 Antagonist Protocol April 2013
Shared cycle..Donor cycled in July Got 12 eggs 9 fertilized and 8 frozen!!
DE FET #1 Sept. 3rd 2013 FIRST BFP EVER 5dp5dt
miscarried Sept 24th at 5 weeks 5 days
Etopic  D&C and hysterscopy Nov 5 2013
dx with pre genetic blood clotting dec 2013
FET #2 Jan 31st  2014 
Miscarried for a second time again at 5 weeks 5 days
Currently fostering to adopt an amazing little 1 year old boy..P.J!
FET#3  is Oct 29th 2014
BFN on fet #3
Last and FINAL FET coming JAN 28th 2015
Everyone Welcome

Re: Xp mole convo on third party

• When I was 25 I had my first basal cell carcinoma.  Since then I have had 12 more BCC and a handful of dysplastic moles removed.  It sucks.  Every time I go now, my doc asks if we're in the middle of treatment because the hormones can cause all your moles to change appearance.  My doctor sees me every 6 months now (was every 3 months) so he's pretty familiar with what I have on my body, but the IF treatments throw everything off.  Does it actually cause skin cancer?  I don't know. But it can definitely make it harder to detect.  I second Lacy, if it looks suspicious don't wait.

I think, unfortunately, we will see treatment related illnesses starting to creep up in years to come.  I just don't see how messing with our bodies this intensly can go without long-term side effects.  But I'm not a scientist and I'm a pessimist.

Glad they got it for you and you're okay!

me 33/DH 36
    ttc since 10/2008; d/x: mild MFI, stageII endo
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Welcome~~
    11 IUI’s = 1 m/c (7w4d)
    IVF#1 January 2012 BFN, FET #1 April 2012 BFN
    Surprise BFP October 2012 m/c (7w), Surprise BFP April 2013 m/c (6w4d)
    IVF #2: July 2013, ET 1 embryo 7/18, beta 1 @ 14dp3dt - 757, beta 2 @ 16dp3dt - 1762
    U/S 1 @ 6w4d = 1 little frogger with HB of 118, U/S 2 @ 7w3d measuring right on track with HB of 160
    Stick Frogger Stick! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!   It's a Girl, EDD April 7, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"