January 2014 Moms
Options

Gift Ideas For Third Time Mom To Be?

My sister is currently just shy of 37 weeks pregnant and looks like will be having this LO sooner than later. (She has had issues with an incompetent cervix for all three of her pregnancies and has been on bed rest, so we are just hoping she can make it to 37 weeks). Being a third time mom she has all the baby gear she could possibly need. I would like to send her something special for herself and something special for her DS. Anyone have ideas? I would prefer something I can order online and send since I unfortunately will not be seeing her anytime soon :( TIA!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

Re: Gift Ideas For Third Time Mom To Be?

• Options
    What about mailing her a gift certificate to a spa to get a massage or a pedicure.. just something for herself to help her relax? She probably won't use it until after the baby's here, but at least she'll have something to look forward to that's a real treat.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage
    partial molar pregnancy : bfp 6.28.10, d/c 8.17.10, 7 rounds methotrexate, cleared 7.1.11
    alexander patrick : bfp 1.16.12, born 9.20.12 @ 39w1d, 7 lbs./11 oz./22 in.
    scarlett irene elizabeth : bfp 5.24.13, born 2.3.14 @ 41w2d, 7 lbs./13 oz./19 in.
  • Options
    For my bf when she had her third, I sent her flowers. When I went to the hospital, I brought the baby a gift and brought her a Starbucks gift card.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You could get the baby cute clothes and have them mailed to her. I don't have any new suggestions for you sister.
    DD 1- born January 22, 2014
    Due June 25 2017

• Options
    ccip82ccip82 member
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions so far!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• Options
    Send her dinner maybe. I know my house is going to be nuts after this one gets here. So I'm going to premake a ton of dinners and freeze them so we can heat things up easily. Also one thing I'm thinking about doing it getting snacks for my older two that is one their level. I think anything that would make life a little easier would be fantastic.
    ____________________________________________________________________________
                          My sweet Rylee girl 8-13-2007 and my sweet Emmett man 4-13-2010
                               Annaleigh Willow Elise born and passed at 26 weeks 1 day
                                      Thursday October 17th 2013 from trisomy 13
                                           Http://Alwaysannaleigh.WordPress.com

• Options
    Maybe some nice beauty products so that she can pamper herself a little. I like the idea of the spa gift card, but with a new baby (and 2 other kids) it may be hard for her to get away for a while. And of course a cute new outfit for the baby.
    OHM born 12/16/11, BAM born 1/10/14, mmc 06/30/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

When I first read the title, I was going to say freezer meals for sure, but since you won't be seeing her anytime soon, maybe a gift certificate for pizza or takeout? Or a gift certificate for a housecleaner (if you don't think she would find this offensive).

Or another idea would be to find out if she has college fund(s) set up for her kids. Three kids in college won't be cheap, so maybe give money to that?

July 2015 Jan Siggy Challenge: Snow Fails/Funnies

BFP #5 11/15/14, Team Green EDD 7/22/15

BFP #4 4/30/13, baby girl born med-free Jan. 2014

BFP #3 9/24/12, Missed m/c at 9w1d (baby measured 8w5d)

BFP #2 9/23/10, healthy baby girl born med-free June 2011

BFP #1 5/21/10, Missed m/c at 10w4d (baby measured 8wks), D&C 6/29/10

"Life is like a camera, just focus on what's important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don't work out, just take another shot."

• Options
    I really enjoyed my new diaper bag with #3. The ones from #1 were all beat up, seams were ripping, stained, etc. I didn't get any new diaper bags with #2.
    ********************************************************************************************************

DS1 born 11/3/06   *   DS2 born 3/29/08   *   DD born 3/15/11  

Scarlett Mae born 1/14/14                         Our family is now complete!

• Options
    or some fun ice trays. I loved drinking ice water while nursing!
    ********************************************************************************************************

DS1 born 11/3/06   *   DS2 born 3/29/08   *   DD born 3/15/11  

Scarlett Mae born 1/14/14                         Our family is now complete!

• Options
    gift card for spa/mani pedi or housecleaning
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with a new diaper bag if she hasn't received or gotten one yet. Otherwise, would there be a way for you to arrange house cleaning services?

Lilypie Maternity tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    As a third time mom to be, I would suggest perhaps a massage, diapers or maybe a gift card to Target or Babies r us so she can get what she wants/needs.

A
    imageimageimage

M/c #1 - 10/30/07 - 5w3d, DS1 - born at 36w, M/c#2 - 12/7/09 - 5w, M/c #3 - 1/13/10 - 4w6d, 
    M/c #4 - 3/16/10 - 5w1d, DS2 -  born via VBAC at 40w3d, M/c#5 - 11/5/12 - 7w2d
    BFP #8 - 5/5/13- Looks like a sticky one! DS3 - born via epi-free VBAC at 39w1d

• Options
    ccip82ccip82 member
    Thank you all for your awesome suggestions. I can ask my other sister to help me pick up something like a spa or house cleaning gift card if I can't find anything online.

sibling love  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"