Single Parents
Options

i hate my life...

I live with my roommate, her husband and her son in a place I hate. It's not a great neighborhood. at all. We're having several problems, we fight, I don't know anyone else in this city, I don't even like the OB/GYN's here or the care I'm getting. Anyway, they're out of town and I get a knock on the door. It was the cops. Apparently her husband is a registered sex offender and they were doing a random check...um...what the ******? Now I've known her for SEVERAL years, but not her husband. and she NEVER told me this...not once. I moved in with them while pregnant, them knowing that...shouldn't this have been something they TOLD me BEFORE I moved in? Don't they think that was important information to have?? I'm SO MAD. It makes me look stupid and I'm completely embarrassed!  My family wants me to come home, and i want to go home. (out of state).but of course this means I have to quit my job, and I probably won't find anything until after the baby is born, that's scary. But then again: I'm waiting tables: so I'll probably only be able to work a couple of more weeks anyway..I feel like trust between us is completely broken. I want to go home so bad: is it the best move? I'm just so angry and I'm worried I look like a complete fool...
Liliana Seraphina born 9/5/2103

Re: i hate my life...

• Options
    lurker here but I thought I would give you my opinion, if I was in your situation I would move back home where I would be safe and happy and my LO will be safe and happy. Do you think you could stay there for a bit longer so you could save to move or could your family help you get home?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I vote go home. And the sex offender thing would skeeve me out. It sounds like you're in a bad place and could use a fresh start.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    tig594tig594 member
    Run, do not walk!  After that I'd have left already.

Hope things get better for you.  It sounds like if you go home you'll have a lot more help and support than you have now.  And you won't be worrying about some creepy sex offender peeking at you while you're in the shower or something.  Ick.
  • Options
    Thank you all for the responses. I am going to go home tomorrow night (but only b/c I don't want to miss my ultrasound tomorrow I was supposed to have last week) thank you for the responses. I just can't trust them and don't feel safe here. 

• Options
    I am going home. The only thing I'm waiting on is for my ultrasound tomorrow that was supposed to be last week...would have been nice if they hadn't canceled that now....thanks everyone for taking time to read and reply. 

• Options

Are you going to bring your baby home from the hospital to live with a registered sex-offender? Um, no of course you're not!! So start planning a different living situation right now.

I moved back in with my dad when W was born and it has been great for helping me get started. This way I'm not completely overwhelmed trying to do it all on my own and also my son gets to bond with his grandpa which has been so sweet. And it's only temporary, we will get our own place when I finally graduate next summer.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I didn't know until after getting pregnant that BD is a registered sex offender and because of the charges, he will probably get visitation with our son. It scares me to death, but unfortunately, since it was under some "new" label of having sex with a minor (an underage gf), there's not much I can do about it, but I will do everything in my power to protect LO. I'm glad you are going home. That would be my vote too. Good Luck!
  • Options
    Go home. Be with people that love and support you. You can't be stressed, it's not good for you or LO. And creep factor...eeewwww!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"