1st Trimester
Options

cramping after orgasm?

Hey this is really wierd. I hear that it is normal to cramp after an orgasm b/c your uterus contracts. The weird thing is, i'm having sexual dreams and actually having the orgasm in my sleep and i wake up cramping! I'm 9 weeks pg. This has happened to me about 4 or 5 times since i got my bfp at 4 weeks. Has anyone else had this happen or know someone who has? It makes me not want to have sex with DH b/c i cramp when i dream of having sex!

Re: cramping after orgasm?

• Options
    It happens to me whether I'm dreaming or doing the real thing.  It is normal though but it's sort of a buzzkill if you know what I mean.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    yeah its normal to cramp after an orgasm, but it shouldnt be horrible cramping.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My doctor said that could happen because of a hormone that is released during orgasm.  I haven't experienced it yet, but that's how it was explained to me. 
  • Options

It has happened to me once from a dream but I was expecting it the other night after we had sex and it didn't happen so maybe it gets better?? I don't know...

Either way, the cramps that I had after the dream were tough cramps but short lived...

• Options

I've only orgasm'd once since I got my BFP, and yes, I got really awful cramping. It was so bad I thought I was having a miscarriage. It lasted about 10-15 minutes, and then went away & never came back. I plan to talk to my doctor about it 'cuz it was really, really scary, and very painful.

• Options
    not right after, but I did notice that I had some cramping the morning after we had sex.
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yep, I've had this, too!  It sucks!  Poor DH wants to "help" me so badly and I keep having to turn him down! 
  • Options
    OMG the same exact thing happened to me! I thought I was a freak! Glad to know I'm not alone!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Options

Normal...now go eat a deli meat sandwhich that's your punishment for asking this question! 

• Options
    ?Had this too but it went away when I hit 2nd tri for the most part. Some still get it throughout pregnancy tho. No worries!
  • Options
    Ew. I hate this. I have just been telling DH to help himself and not to worry about me (he usually "waits" for me) because I get those cramps after an orgasm. The funny thing is that every time it's happened (just a few) I've fallen asleep during the cramp.. it's weird!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"