Baby Showers

jungle animal favors?

Okay so even though it is my shower and I shouldn't be doing anything for it ... my mom and sister want me to come up with some sort of favor. I don't have to buy it just have to think of it (needs to be pretty cheap. If we make it I will end up helping just like with my bridal shower. Some ideas I have now are animal print boxes filled with fudge and  elephant truffles. It is a Queen of the jungle theme. We are pretty crafty and my mom can make chocolates so anything is fair game...

Re: jungle animal favors?

• chocolate covered animal crackers.
  • I was going to suggest Barnum's animal crackers that come in the circus train boxes with the string across the top.  But that might be too  "circus" themed instead of jungle theme?
    TTC #1 for over 5 years - too many to count IF treatments (tried everything and anything), repeat miscarriages. Finally, Sticky Success!! B/G Twins arrived 2011. VOTE on my Name List Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I was also going to suggest the animal crackers.  You could buy them in bulk and put in boxes with a cute jungle label.

Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • I'm assisting in throwing a shower for my sil with the same theme. Here are some ideas for favors I have come up with so far, not sure what I will go with.

Could go with several different things - put them in a brown paper lunch bag - marked "Supply Rations".

If little kids will be there they may also enjoy getting the game - barrel of monkeys.

Miniature bottle waters with labels on them.

Animal Crackers -already mentioned
    Teddy Grahams
    Fire Ants (plain or chocolate/yogurt covered raisins)
    Gummy Worms/Gummy Bears
    Unshelled Peanuts (becareful with this one since so many folks have peanut allergies)
    Sugar cookies in animal shapes

Bags of Monkey Mix: recipe below

1 1/4 cup dried bananas

1 cup each dried papaya and mango - I was thinking of doing pineapple instead

1/4 cup of sliced almonds

1/4 cup coconut

1/4 cup mini chocolate chips

Combine all ingredients - other things to add dired cranberries or raisins.

• One more idea for you, though am not a big fan of it since it loses it favor in seconds.

Fruit Stripe Gum- there are zebras on the packaging.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"