Special Needs
Options

xp: Books on PT for Motor Development

Unfortunately I don't feel we're getting everything we can out of PT thru EI and it's not our OT & PT's fault. Something about her scares them and they scream the instant she walks in the room.  She's shown me what she can but I think I need to learn some new tricks. Plus their reflux is so bad we have very limited floor time.

What books are out there that can recommend fine and gross motor skills activities for my boys??

Re: xp: Books on PT for Motor Development

• Options

Sorry, not sure what happened there!  Embarrassed

I know that it would behard but you can always see if they have another PT they can send you.  Maybe the boys would warm up to someone else better.  I know some people that have gone through a few people before getting a good fit.

Btw, they look great!

GL!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Totally random, but here's  a link to my DS's Erb's Palsy exercises.  Made a big difference in his motor control..

https://www.drnathbrachialplexus.com/images/pdf/babyromprint.pdf

• Options

I am a special education teacher- that deals with alot of PT and OT services and also do alot of these type things with the students myself (I have very low functioning students). What are your boys doing right now and what are the PT and OT working on- after I know this I can give you more ideas on what to do with them if that will help you.

• Options
    imagenmb02:

I am a special education teacher- that deals with alot of PT and OT services and also do alot of these type things with the students myself (I have very low functioning students). What are your boys doing right now and what are the PT and OT working on- after I know this I can give you more ideas on what to do with them if that will help you.

I think our PT is nice but not very inventive.  We are working on head control, core body control, lifting arms, transferring toys from hand to hand, rolling over, side line lying, tummy time, grabbing feet, and eating by spoon.Anything you can suggest would be great.
  • Options

Let me look at some book at work early next week and I will get back to you. We do alot of hand over hand stuff for things like eating by a spoon, and helping with grabbing feet and hands.

I will look in some books that I have at work and get back to you.

• Options
    I have "Teaching Motor Skills to Children with Cerebral Palsy and similar Movement Disorders"  Sieglinde Martin, M.S., P.T.  My child doesn't have cerebral palsy but it was recommended to me and I've found it pretty helpful for different exercises.  Its full of pictures & that helps.  :)  I got it off of Amazon.com and it was only like 13 dollars. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"