Adoption
Options

good news on translation and timeline

We're so excited!!!!!  We found a yahoo group for families adopting from Colombia like us, and got some wonderful resources.  First of all we got a referal to a translator in country who will translate our entire dossier for between $300 - $500 and they've worked with the same orphanage that we're working with so we know that it'll be accepted by them.  Secondly we've been hearing a wide range of possible wait times and clearly anything we hear on these groups are specific families and their experiences that may be different than ours but it still helps to hear.  Specifically one family who's papers were approved a week after the orphange and 5 months later received their referal of their beautiful, healthy 4 month old boy.
I feel so wonderful and this lady gave me her info to talk more IRL and ask questions about the orphanage etc...
Anyway, it was great!  By summer we may be travelling!!!

Re: good news on translation and timeline

• Options

That is some great news. Amazing how things come together at times :)

• Options
    That is great news! How lucky!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Awesome!  I love when things work out and you don't have to stress (too much).
  • Options
    I am sure it's very reassuring to have someone IRL to talk to and it's great that you have a trusted translator too.  Congratulations on some great news!!
  • Options

YAY!!!!!  Growing our families can be very stressful at times so it is nice when I hear that parents catch a break!!!! I hope that this positive info keeps coming your way!

GL

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers ***DS 08/27/05***DS 07/08/08***DS 03/22/10***DD 11/20/11**** M/C 09/04/04 M/C 11/15/04 M/C molar pregnancy lost twins second tri 05/14/07 M/C 09/29/07 M/C 02/21/11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"