Secondary IF
Options

just diagnosed with secondary IF

I was pregnant (although has a late loss).. Its been 8 cycles since and nothing. I went to the RE today (I am 35, MH is 36) and he thinks I have secondary IF. Scheduling me for an HSG in Jan. along with Clomid and possibly IUI.

It feels like it is very aggressive to do clomid and IUI- am I right or is this the usual?

Re: just diagnosed with secondary IF

• Options

For starters I am sorry for your loss and for your new diagnoses. 

It does seem aggressive.  For starters you don't even have a diagnoses why you have IF.  First they determined why I had IF (sometimes that is hard and they can't determine, but it is how docs like to start). Than they put me on Clomid (no IUI).  Everyone is different though!!!!  Some, due to diagnoses, go straight to IVF so it really depends. 

No matter what you choose GL!  Hope you are not here too long Smile

Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
  • Options
    I'm sorry for your loss.  I also had 2 m/c, which prompted me to start seeing an RE.  His first recommendation is Clomid and an IUI (although I did use Clomid to conceive my son)  I think starting with an IUI is very common with RE's.  Good luck to you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It is aggressive but I'm guessing they want to be aggressive given your age.  Now, I don't think 35 is old but in terms of getting pregnant but the medical profession sees that as old and most REs will want to be aggressive instead of having you spends months and months trying things that are less likely to work.  You can always choose to forgo the IUI and perhaps just start with the clomid but you'd probably want to find out what your issues are first.  The hsg will check your tubes but is your husband having an analysis done or did your doctor discuss doing a clomid challenge test with you or any other tests?

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"