Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Anyone have HCG levels drop and not miscarry?

I got a call from my doc yesterday stating my levels had dropped 200, which means I am probably going to miscarry. I have to wait until Monday to get my blood drawn again and am going crazy. I had to use fertility shots to get pregnant and have a healthy 20 month old. I am praying it was a lab mistake or "Vanishing Twin."

Is there anything I can do to increase my HCG levels and not miscarry? I can't sleep, eat. This is the most horrible thing. We just lost our dog suddenly after only 5 short years and I thought this pregnancy was my Christmas gift from above and now I'm just so confused as to why all of this would be happening. And the hardest thing is it is out of my control. I am praying for a miracle. Thanks for listening.

Re: Anyone have HCG levels drop and not miscarry?

• Options

Sadly, I don't have an answer for you, I didn't have that miracle. 

Very sorry you are going through this and I'll keep you in my prayers.

Take care.

• Options

Unfortunately I can't answer for sure but from what I understand there isnt much you can do.  I would try to take it real easy, do as little as possible, I was put on almost complete bedrest but as ***ODWC*** said, that miracle didnt happen for me.

I will also keep you in my prayers.  Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.  This board is a great place to vent and helped me immensely in getting through my loss.

accordingtoabby.com" "From of suffering emerges the strongest souls. The most massive characters are seared with scars." Kahlil Gibran
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I did actually have my HCG levels drop and everything turned out to be okay. At first they just chalked it up to a lab mistake, but when I gave birth, there was an additional bag of water, so I'm assuming it was a case of a vanishing twin. So it does happen...I hope you can have a positive outcome too.
  • Options
    How do you know that your HCG levels have dropped? Is this something the Dr routinely checks and tells you about? I haven't had my Doc mention this.
    Our Christmas Eve baby>Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers>
  • Options

imageKittyFX:
    How do you know that your HCG levels have dropped? Is this something the Dr routinely checks and tells you about? I haven't had my Doc mention this.

I'm being monitored because I had to use fertility shots to get pregnant so I'm considered high-risk from the start. With my first daughter I never had my HCG levels checked. If you have already had an ultrasound and everything was o.k. with the baby and heartbeat, you're probably fine. I'm only 5 weeks along and my levels were at 679 on Wed, so should have been over 1000 Friday and they were only 500. I go in again tomorrow for bloodwork - this has been the longest, most horrible weekend of my life. I can't wait to get the results tomorrow. Praying for a miracle. 

• Options
    I see. Good luck tomorrow. We will all be thinking about you.
    Our Christmas Eve baby>Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers>
  • Options
    I'm also going through your same drama.  I'm waiting for the nurse to call me back to come in for another blood test. I, though, have been bleeding so my outcome my be a little more dim. :( I'm 11 weeks and two days along and heartbroken.  Best wishes to you and your family.  Brooke
  • Options

imageHighwayPatrolWifetoBe:
    I'm also going through your same drama.  I'm waiting for the nurse to call me back to come in for another blood test. I, though, have been bleeding so my outcome my be a little more dim. :( I'm 11 weeks and two days along and heartbroken.  Best wishes to you and your family.  Brooke

So, so sorry to hear about your situation. It's so hard to understand why this has to happen. I will pray for you....still waiting to get my results back from this morning and I'm going crazy. I've never been so scared. At one point, I imagine them calling and saying wow must have been a lab error, your levels are fine. Then the next minute I'm bawling hysterically hearing them say I'm sorry your levels have dropped again, a miscarriage is inevitable. The waiting is the hardest part. HUGS to you and yours.......

• Options

The waiting game is the worst.  I'm also going through fertility treatments, so I've been monitored quite closely (I'm in the RE's office almost every other day for the past 1.5 wks).  My levels increased slightly, then decreased, then increased again!  Crazy.  I went in for more b/w this morning and am waiting for the results.  My RE believes it is a m/c though.  But there is no sign of AF for me!

I truly hope for the best in your situation.  :: hugs ::

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"