Special Needs
Options

Cody now needs a PICC line again :(

Cody had a very exhausting day today. He is now on 3 different antibiotics and has two IV's in his head. His G-tube (which is the feeding tube) is now infected and requires another type of antibiotics. He has been pocked so many time due to the IV's. Because of this they now decided to do a PICC line. The nurse tried putting it in today which took an hour with no success. Because he has had so many IV's in him his veins are all bruised up. So now they are going to put him under and do a minor surgery to apply the PICC line directly in his chest. This will allow ALL the antibiotics to go directly in him rather than being poked all the time with IV's. Hopefully they will be doing this tomorrow afternoon. On a good note, Cody now weighs 6 lbs and is 2 months old now..

Re: Cody now needs a PICC line again :(

• Options

I'm so sorry you and Cody had such a hard day.  I've been there, too.  Drake had lots of infections in the NICU and had to be in isolation once (I called it solitary confinement).  We had several rounds of antibiotics in a row - once for an infection in his blood.  It was a very frightening situation but my little guy pulled through like a champ and I know yours will too!

Congrats on the weight!  It sounds like he's growing just fine!

Sending semi-long distance hugs your way!  Hang in there!

• Options

The one good thing about this is that he won't get poked so many times! I hope everything goes well :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    picc line is a WONDERFUL WONDERFUL thing! ?hope he gets better soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP 3/9/12 Natural M/C 4/11/12

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I agree, the PICC like will be wonderful.  Or have they thought about a port?  My son has a port and it's been a blessing!  No more sticks and IVs!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"