South Florida Babies

birthing classes

I dont know if I should register at the hospital that I am going to deliver or not. The classes are $50 but my mother said I should just look for the free ones her friends went to. I dont know if going to the class at my hospital would benefit me or not... What did you guys do?

Re: birthing classes

• I don;t think it matters where you go for classes. Just try to get a hospital tour so you can check the place out before you deliver!
  • it doesn't necessarily matter where you do them; I did them at the hospital I delivered at (it wasn't free either), but it also gave us an idea of what to expect during the labor, delivery, and post process at the hospital. 

Photo courtesy of www.yaporiginals.com
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    It's Beshert
  • Loading the player...
  • We did our class at the hopsital we delivered at too. I think we paid $75 but I feel it was worth it because they showed us so much of the hospital and what we could expect on delivery day. The class was ok but it was so worth it for all of the hospital info.
     BabyFruit Ticker
  • Personally, I dreaded the thought of going and even rescheduled mine...in the end I was actually glad I went but mine were free since I am delivering at the hospital it was being held at (and my hospital tour was seperate than the classes).  

In the end I attended 2 out of 3 classes with DH and I am glad we went.     

• We did the class at the hospital where I am delivering at and I felt it was very worth it. It was $100/couple but very informative and helpful esp. since it was there at the hospital where I"ll be. It was taught by one of the NICU nurses who has been at that hospital for like 15 years, so she was able to tell us a lot about their specific ways of doing things.?
  • I did mine at the hospital I delivered (South Miami) and I thought it was great.  We got a hospital tour as part of the class.  There were people there who were delivering at various hospitals, not just that one.  I don't think it really matters where you do it, but I thought the class itself was worth it.
    image image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"