Baby Showers

Favors

What are you doing for favors...my Aunt and BFF are driving me nuts because my aunt doesnt believe my BFF

Re: Favors

• Ok so now I will continue, after my finger slipped and hit the enter button.... anyway, my  Aunt and BFF are both planning my shower. BFF said they had a cute idea with lollipops for my favors. Aunt tells me yesterday that people throw away favors so they ( her and HER BFF who I have never met in my life ) are going to make water bottles with personalized lables for the favors. Damnit I just want to eat a lollipop. There will be water anyway!

What are you ladies doing for favors?

• Voties scented like baby powders.  Who doesn't use candles?! :-)

• Loading the player...
  • If your aunt believes that everyone will throw the favors away, then why does she want them at all? Why is someone less likely to throw out a water bottle than a lollipop? That just doesn't make sense to me.

I don't "get" water bottle favors in general, and I think the lollipop idea is cute, so I'd go with that one.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • IMO, favors should always be edibles. ?otherwise, they end up in the trash or in a drawer or on a shelf gathering dust. ?and then eventually in the trash.

i like to pick my own candles. ?a baby powder-scented one would not be used in my house.?

• I didn't do favors, but if you do, definitely go edible. I like the lollipop idea.
  • imageWan-naBe:

IMO, favors should always be edibles.  otherwise, they end up in the trash or in a drawer or on a shelf gathering dust.  and then eventually in the trash.

i like to pick my own candles.  a baby powder-scented one would not be used in my house. 

When I threw a shower for my friend, each guest got a coaster with her own baby picture in it.  (I asked them to submit their baby pictures ahead of time and made copies at Kinkos).  The shower was in April and to this day the girls use them and talk about them.  No dust is being gathered and no drawers are being cluttered.  The favors should not always be edible. 

• I think most people feel edible favors are "used" (eaten) and not as likely to be discarded.   My DD's girlfriend had cookies with the baby's name and a little poem thanking them for coming.  For prizes we had lottery tickets (people loved them!).  Not edible...but they were a hit!
  • I was considering using cookie lollipops...
  • imagewanticecream:
    imageWan-naBe:

IMO, favors should always be edibles. ?otherwise, they end up in the trash or in a drawer or on a shelf gathering dust. ?and then eventually in the trash.

i like to pick my own candles. ?a baby powder-scented one would not be used in my house.?

?

When I threw a shower for my friend, each guest got a coaster with her own baby picture in it.? (I asked them to submit their baby pictures ahead of time and made copies at Kinkos).? The shower was in April and to this day the girls use them and talk about them.? No dust is being gathered and no drawers are being cluttered.? The favors should not always be edible.?

to each her own. ?this would most definitely be stuck in a drawer and forgotten about in my house.?

• imageWan-naBe:

IMO, favors should always be edibles.  otherwise, they end up in the trash or in a drawer or on a shelf gathering dust.  and then eventually in the trash.

i like to pick my own candles.  a baby powder-scented one would not be used in my house. 

I completely agree!  My sister & mother are giving out cookies as favors w/a little ribbon attached saying "Little girls..sugar, spice & everything nice!". 

• My friend is doing cookies with fondant icing decorated with my theme: sailboat. They are dlicious and individually wrapped with a pergamino tag on them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"