Success after IF
Options

Enfamil Gentlease anyone?

So the verdict from the pedi today is to switch us from the high cal preemie formula they were on, the Enfacare, to Gentlease and see if that helps. If you use this, did it help your DC? What were s/he issues to start?

thanks!

Re: Enfamil Gentlease anyone?

• Options
    We have not tried that one, but I wanted to ask you what the doc thought the problem was????
  • Options
    I would also try changing nipples. I know... I know... 10000 opinions, who's do you listen to?  ;-)
    Join us - Commit Random Acts of Kindness, and say "I did it for Cricket" Cricket's Cadence
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We started out on that after BFing because Ava has a lot of gas.  It was working fine until this last week -- we think she has reflux.  But until that developed, she was tolerating the Gentlease just fine.  Just FYI, one of the Sam's Clubs near me carries the big cans (36 oz) at a cheaper price per ounce than Walmart, Target, BRU, etc.  Not all of them have it, though. 
    My Favorite Books image
    Books read in 2012: 58!
  • Options

What reason did they want the babies to be on gentlease?

E is on it (until tomorrow, when he starts elecare) and it seemed fine for him. I prefered the enfamil AR, but he has reflux, so I guess it depends on what you are using the gentlease for...

2vc9jsg.jpg

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

My Pedi isn't convinced they have reflux or milk issues. They are all gaining weight like wild fire and after a few minutes of protesting, they do settle down and eat with little to no spitting/throwing up issues. They are also not fussy otherwise sooo...

She wants us to try this formula until Monday. If there are no changes, they are all going on Zantac and we'll discuss the next formula move.

I am still contemplating the nipple thing. Of course, I have had no problems with Alex and Nate since this morning. 

Ugh. 

• Options
    It did not work for us. We are now using Similac Alimentum, enfamil equivilant to Nutramigen. Good Luck, that poor guy needs a break.
  • Options
    Fenton is an extremely gassy baby and the Gentlease has helped to cut down on the gas/gas pains.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We switched DS to that the day we came home from the hospital because he was so fussy and gassy all the time. It seemed to work for a week or so, but then he went back to the way he was. Turns out he had a milk protien allergy and now he is on Similac Alimentum (has been since 8 weeks) and that has worked wonders on him!! But definetly try the Gentlease first, the Alimentum (and Nutramigen) are VERY expensive.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"