Birth Stories
Options

Can't take percocet or lortabs

for pain management after childbirth. They have both caused vomiting for me in the past. What are my other options?

Thanks!

Re: Can't take percocet or lortabs

• Options

usually when you can't take those, they will just give you tylenol 3 or something of that nature.  i haven't had a baby but i am allergic to both and any time i have had a surgery or procedure all i get is tylenol 3 without codeine.

• Options
    i never needed percoset...maybe you can do w/ just motrin?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was ok with regular Tylenol and 600 motrin. . .you will do it! I did need to ice my crotch after for a while though!
  • Options

imagekt2:
    for pain management after childbirth. They have both caused vomiting for me in the past. What are my other options? Thanks!

Are you kidding me?? I've went home with nothing with my last birth and I was just fine, if I was hurting I took some tylenol or advil....and yes my labor was natural.

• Options
    I only needed advil or motrin afterwards.  I could definately tell when they were wearing off but was fine once a took a few more.
  • Options
    I had an unplanned Csection...and I used no pain medincine. Tylonol every once in awhile. I think you would be fine with just that!
  • Options
    I'm allergic to them as well.  The only option I have for pain relief is Tylenol with Codeine.
    Booze, it's what's for dinner imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birth - 7 lbs. 7 oz., 20 inches 1 Month - 9 lbs., 5 oz, 21 inches 2 Months - 11 lbs., 4.5 oz, 23 inches 4 Months - 14 lbs, 1 oz, 26.5 inches 6 months - 16 lbs, 1 oz, 28.75 inches 9 months - 18 lbs, 6 oz, 29.25 inches 1 Year - 21 lbs, 6 oz, 31 inches 2 Years - 28 lbs., 37 inches
  • Options
    I went home with motrin only, and I dont think I took very many of those. I would be concerened with taking anything stronger, because you do have to be alert enough to take care of the baby. And then on top of that...Your sleep deprived anyways why make yourself any more tired??
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"