Philadelphia Babies
Options

Stay at home dads

Are there any stay at home dad's out there?  My DH stays home and I'm just wondering what kind of networking or groups he may get involved in...

Re: Stay at home dads

• Options
    My DH is thinking of staying at home. How does your DH like it? How do you like it? Is it sort of lonely figuring there are not too many stay at home dad's around. How old is your baby? Thanks for your help. We're in the very early stages of kicking this idea around.?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I can not tell you how WONDERFUL it is!  I was SOOOO sad to go back to work because I really wanted to be home.  The fact of the matter is, my job not only pays better but is much more stable.  We really didn't want to do daycare so we decided he would stay home for the first year and then he was going to go back to school full time.  He loves it so much that we've decided to have him go back to school part time so he can stay home until she's in school (as well as any other children we may have).  He has told me over and over again that he is now the happiest he's ever been.  ANd frankly, so am I.  My daughter is almost 5 months.  It's so great to really share the responsibility!  It took 2 days for them to get into the swing of things and I'll tell you...they are incredible now! 

I was terribly worried that I wouldn't be as close to her or she would rather be with him but boy was I wrong.  When I walk in the door she is practically jumping out of his arms to get to me and when we're all home together, she wants me.  He loves that we have that relationship and he loves his relationship with her.  

As far as it being lonely...he says he is not lonely at all.  He's just interested in meeting other dads that my want to go to the park or whatever.  

If your DH is a hands on dad and is interested in staying home and you can afford it, I say go for it!  I think our family is so amazing because of it. 

Good luck and let me know what you decide!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    That sounds like such a good idea.  I wish we were able to do that.  We have talked about it though if our financial situation improves.  I would rather have my FI stay home with the baby and know that she is 100% in good hands over trusting someone else with my baby. 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

That is sooooo awesome that it worked out for you guys. GL.

hmmm i am trying to think about networking. if i think of anything i will post.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"