Long Island Babies
Options

Dr. Gary Levine and/or Winthrop?

Hi ladies, I'm new to this board and I was wondering if you guys could give me some feedback on Dr. Levine in Mineola.  I LOVED my old doctor but my husband's insurance doesn't cover him so I have to find a new doctor.  He and I are going to start trying to conceive in January so I was also looking into the hospitals where I'd be delivering and saw that Dr. Levine was affiliated with Winthrop, which I've also heard good things about. 

Any feedback you guys could give me on Dr. Levine or Winthrop (or if you have any other suggestions) would be great!

Thanks! 

Patricia

Re: Dr. Gary Levine and/or Winthrop?

• Options
    I dont know him but I can tell you that I LOOVEE Winthrop. My little one had to be admitted for a few days and the nurses and Docs were amazing. I had my boys at Plainview, also wonderful. GL TTC
  • Options
    the part of GL TTC sounded very nasty...sorry.?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    i don't go to that dr but i can recommend an AMAAAAAAZING dr that delivers at winthrop (btw i believe winthrop is rated the number 1 hospital on the island) his name is Dr Robert Nadell and works at Complete Women's Care in Garden City, NY. I left my old dr for him. My SIL is a P.A. and used to work for him and he really took the time with me and made sure all of my questions were asked, he joked around with my DH and I and just made me feel really comfortable. he also seemed excited for me when we saw the baby. Everyone I talk to that goes to him really loves him. All of the drs at that practice are great too!! If you want the number message me and i'll get it to you. he really is worth the travel if you don't live too close to there. HTH
  • Options

image3PupsAndABaby:
    i don't go to that dr but i can recommend an AMAAAAAAZING dr that delivers at winthrop (btw i believe winthrop is rated the number 1 hospital on the island) his name is Dr Robert Nadell and works at Complete Women's Care in Garden City, NY. I left my old dr for him. My SIL is a P.A. and used to work for him and he really took the time with me and made sure all of my questions were asked, he joked around with my DH and I and just made me feel really comfortable. he also seemed excited for me when we saw the baby. Everyone I talk to that goes to him really loves him. All of the drs at that practice are great too!! If you want the number message me and i'll get it to you. he really is worth the travel if you don't live too close to there. HTH

Dr. Nadell is my doctor too! How are your boys? Email me if you want to chat.

• Options

I had Dr. Levine though an ectopic pregnancy last year.  I don't mean to be so negative but my new doctor is actually bringing the case in front of the medical board because she believes it was handled very badly on his part.  He also had little to no bedside manner and I never heard from him post-op.  He didn't even handle my post-op checkups, even though I specifically asked for him. 

Maybe it's because I'm used to the incredibly personal care of a MW (what I had with DS) but he made an already horrible situation feel even worst.  I wouldn't recommend him. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I go to Dr Levine and I love him and all the other doctors affiliated with him... And I know many other people who use him and have delivered with him and are totally happy.

I think he's great... Good Luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"