Colorado Babies
Options

Good communities in Denver area

Hi Ladies,

I also posted on the 6-12 board but we might be moving to Denver and I wanted to see if you ladies can tell me good areas to look at that are young family friendly, have good schools and would be a pretty easy/short commute to downtown for my husband. I wanted to check out real estate online and have no clue where to start! Thanks!

Re: Good communities in Denver area

• Options
    post on the nest board-- very active!
  • Options
    I live in parker and LOVE this small town, close to downtown and closer to Denver tech center, we have all the great things that small towns offer, while still haveing everything you could possibly want from great schhols & pediatricians to awsome shopping! Hope this helps!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Post on the Colorado Nest board...but I live and LOVE Parker too!!  Great people, great schools.  We love it!
  • Options
    I live in Highlands Ranch (which is close to Parker) and is also a great family area with wonderful schools.  It's also close to the Light Rail so transport downtown is fairly easy.  Great area!
  • Options
    Hi there! My husband and I used to live in Highlands Ranch as well, and we LOVED it, however we have just purchased a home in Thornton/Brighton. This area is traditionally a little ghetto, HOWEVER, the new home community we live in is extremely family friendly, our 3 bedroom plus office, 2 1/2 bath with full unfinished basement and great size backyard was 250k base (sick deal and wont find anything like that in Parker or Highlands Ranch). The distance to downtown is about the same as coming from either of those two towns as well (my husband and I both work downtown). The community has new schools, and is really an up and coming area of thornton, not the tradition thornton area. Additionally, you would be in Adams County 5 school districts, which are great schools as well (but  I will say I think Highlands Ranch has better schooling). visit taylormorrison.com to see the new home communities in the crossing at riverdale in thornton. They are also building in Parker, and have some great deals! (i dont work for them or anything, just think highly of them.) But if you check out the website you will get an idea of the area. Good luck hon and welcome to colorado! :0)
  • Options

Parker is awesome- I live here too and the town, people, schools are great! Not to mention how convieniently close it is too everything!

Tyler is going to be a big brother!

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    Highlands Ranch is great! ?I also belong to a great Mom's group in that area if you do decide to move there that I can get you in contact with.
  • Options
    Highlands Ranch and Parker are South Denver.  You may also want to check out Stapleton which is more Central.  Very family friendly, new houses with more of an urban feel.
  • Options
    Parker is great I grew up here. I would definitely look into getting any children on the waiting list for Parker Core Knowledge Charter School. I have a 6 year old that thoroughly enjoys it and is learning so much! Plus it's free...and they get a private school education. Parker is still the small town feel with all the big town amenities.
  • Options
    Parker and Highlands Ranch are great places to live but they aren't close to downtown Denver whatsoever, especially Parker. Plus, one of the only routes into Downtown from there is I-25 which is a nightmare during rush hour.
    "I can resist anything but temptation." - Oscar Wilde
  • Options

imagesmarie1984:
    Parker and Highlands Ranch are great places to live but they aren't close to downtown Denver whatsoever, especially Parker. Plus, one of the only routes into Downtown from there is I-25 which is a nightmare during rush hour.

I have to agree.  Parker and Highlands Ranch are great areas but neither are close to downtown.  I have a friend who just moved to Stapleton which is close to downtown and she loves it.  It definitely has an urban feel to it. You should check out the neighborhood guide on Denver.org site.

https://www.denver.org/metro/neighborhoods

• Options

The typical suburbs here that are great for raising families are Littleton, Highlands Ranch, Parker (these are all in a line roughly SWest of Denver), then you can jump over to Stapleton which is newly renovated and has quite the following of mommies and families. Stapleton is more working moms where as over here (littleton, hranch, parker) are mostly stay at home moms... All are about 20-30 mins outside of Denver. hope that helps.

Typically known as the best CO school districts: Jefferson County, Douglas County, Cherry Creek

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Broken boob FFing, babywearing, co-sleeping, PPD warrior,colic survivor, proud WAHM! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Momma Maven In The Making!
  • Options
    We live in Lone Tree- between Parker and HR.  All of these areas in south suburban Denver are great!  I prefer easy access to I-25, so we try to live not too many miles east or west of I-25.  C470 can sometimes be a mess if you live in east HR or Littleton......
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"