Orange County Babies
Options

What temp is your heater set to at night?

For the sake of DD's comfort, we set ours at 75F. Too warm for us, but even though DD sleeps in a fleece blanket sleeper (footed), she's still gets cold and wakes up if it's not at 75F. Anyone else have this issue?

Re: What temp is your heater set to at night?

• Options
    We set ours at 70 and it seems to work ok. ?Our house is on the warmer side though and our rooms are upstairs so it always seems to be warmer up there too. ?She also sleeps in a fleece footie pj's.
  • Options
    We are at 72. Her windows let in A LOT of cold air so we have her in a fleec sleeper with two blankets in her crib and the heat on.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I actually read that 68 degrees is the ideal temp for a sleeping child.  Seems cool but my gal gets sweaty when sleeping so it makes sense.

I also dress her in footed fleece jammies or flannel man-jamas with socks.  I set the house to 68 and I use a small space heater in her room set to low. Her room is the coolest by far so if the house is 68 her room is a few degrees cooler.

If I ever set the house higher than 68 it is too hot for us so I assume it is for her too since she is in fleece with multiple blankets.  And, I hate to heat the entire house just for one room.  The space heater I have is safe and blows warm air but cycles on and off all night so it never gets to warm.  The brand is Vornado is anyone is interested.

Michele

Mom to Skylar Kayla and Beck Dylan

• Options
    We havent used the heater yet this year. But the past few weeks our place gets to about 69* at night.
  • Options
    68 for us too or DS will sweat like crazy
  • Options
    we keep it at 70/71 and have him in fleece pajamas. 
  • Options
    Curious if this is with or without blankets/covers? We don't allow any covers in DD's crib yet.
  • Options
    i suggest that you put your heater at 72 or so ..good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"