2nd Trimester
Options

Campho Phenique ok for cold cores?

Anyone know if campho-phenique is ok to use on a cold sore during pregnancy? I know carmex is ok and the same ingredients are in C-P so I would think it's ok. Abreva doesn't work for me. I have a call in to the DR. but they haven't called back yet.

Re: Campho Phenique ok for cold cores?

• Options
    Yes, that's what it's for, I think.  I don't get them, but my mom does, and I think that's what she uses?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I mean ok to use during pregnancy
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hope so. I've used it for years for these little bumps I get inside my mouth that hurt like hell. They're not cold sores, and I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to put campho phenique inside your mouth, but it's the only thing that stops the pain.
  • Options
    I'd say as long as you're not ingesting it, yes.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagelibrarianlisa:
    Hope so. I've used it for years for these little bumps I get inside my mouth that hurt like hell. They're not cold sores, and I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to put campho phenique inside your mouth, but it's the only thing that stops the pain.

Oh! youre brave...that stuff is NASTY tasting.

• Options
    imagejustgnat:

imagelibrarianlisa:

Oh! youre brave...that stuff is NASTY tasting.

Totally agree, but it's the only thing that works. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"