Preemies
Options

i need help

im not really sure where to post this. i had my 1st dd at 35 weeks my 2nd at 30 weeks and now im pg with #3. im at the point in my pregnancy where i had problems with dd#2. i have a cervix that is getting shorter. im on p-17 shots, i take breathine every 4-5 hrs and on thurs i get im first round of steriod shots to help develp his lungs. i know hes going to come early. the docs know this too. but when?  is the question. i know its 2008 and great mircles happen. but i know the stats for my hospital and i worry everyday.

is today the day? will i make it another week? i know that doesnt help but i cant help it. i need him to stay put for aslong as possible but i keep thinking will he come 5 week early than his sister did. maybe i just need to vent and let someone else read it. i dont have anyone to talk to and dh thinks im just worring too much. thanks for reading even tho you dont know me

Re: i need help

• Options

You poor thing.. Hang in there. And keep cooking little baby!

My robbie was a 26 weeker. You can see his picture in my siggy- he's doing great. Three months in the NICU SUCKED, but we got through it..

Let's just hope that you hang in there for a good while longer!

• Options
    i'm so sorry that you're going through this and i hope and pray that he stays in as long as possible. ?you mentioned the "stats" for your hospital...is there another hospital in the area that has a higher level nicu? ?my DD and DS are 26 weekers and although they had a long and rocky nicu stay they're doing sooooo well and i'm thankful for each and every minute with them. ?stay strong and keep us updated. ?rest and remember that each day counts. ?miracles do happen...this board is filled with them.?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm so sorry to hear this, but really, all you can do is hope and pray that he'll stay in there a bit longer... and vent away on this board! It's great. ?Also, there are some 24 weekers on here that are just beautiful, if that helps to hear. ?You're right- modern medicine today is just amazing, but I can imagine how scary it must be for you. ?You're in my thoughts.?

• Options

I hope your little guy keeps cooking but it seems like you are doing everything in your power to be prepared for him if he should come early. Mine were born 1 day shy of 27 wks and yes, the NICU stay was long but they are doing great today.

I'll be praying for you. Try and stay as calm and positive as you can be....

• Options

imageapril062604:
    i'm so sorry that you're going through this and i hope and pray that he stays in as long as possible.  you mentioned the "stats" for your hospital...is there another hospital in the area that has a higher level nicu?  my DD and DS are 26 weekers and although they had a long and rocky nicu stay they're doing sooooo well and i'm thankful for each and every minute with them.  stay strong and keep us updated.  rest and remember that each day counts.  miracles do happen...this board is filled with them.

the hospital i am it is the best. it has a level 4 nicu. and its like in the top 10 on the country. so im sure we are in good hands.

thanks everyone for your well wishes. its means alot.

• Options

I'm sorry you are dealing with this. I can't imagine how stressed I will be when we have #2, even without the warning signs you have now. It is natural for you to worry. Husbands never quite "get it" when it comes to these things, in my experience.

There are at least 2 mamas on this board that had babies born at 24 weeks and under 1lb. Of course, the longer you can keep the baby in there, the better, but just stay positive. Miracles do happen and many women on this board can vouch for that!

Please keep us posted and I will pray for you!

• Options
    I went on bedrest and meds at 24 weeks because I was 3cm dialated.  I managed to make it to 26 weeks.  I know people in the same situation were able to make it much further than that.  It is a long, scary road, but there is so much than can be done and steroid shots are a HUGE help.  My DS is 3 now and is physically and developmentally caught up with his peers.  I know it is hard not to worry, but just be positive and know that you are doing all you can do. And DO NOT read things on the internet, alot of it old or just untrue info.  Good luck and keep us updated.
    Kelly, Mom to Noah 8.27.05 (born at 26 weeks)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"