Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

OH SHIIIIIIT

My dad just calls me and didn't even say HI.  First thing he says:

Are you "Getting Pregnant"?

Me: What?!

Dad: It's in my history on my computer

I didn't realize my dad was that computer saavy and goes to his history to help him find sites he was last on.

I am MORTIFIED.  Especially since we aren't telling ANYONE we are even trying to conceive.

So, I went on to make up some story about how "The Bump" is related to the "Knot" since he is familiar with that from when I was wedding planning.  I told him that advertisements always pop up when Im on the Knot that take me to the bump.  I'm a liar and I know he sees right through me.  It would have been sooo much better if it was my mom, but my DAD?  How embarrassing!!!!!!

Re: OH SHIIIIIIT

• Options
    Embarrassed I bet he would have been excited but I'm sure he took you off guard. Note to self- erase history. However, everyone and there mother knows we are TTC and are waiting not so patiently so they wouldn't be suprised.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Omg I am sorry but I am cracking up!! You poor thing!! Your Poor dad!! Hhaha its kinda funny though but now that you cant hide it, might as well fill him in.
  • Options
    ha ha, we're in the same boat! We're not telling anyone we're TTC and I made the idiot mistake of becoming a fan of the bump on facebook and suddenly 2 of my friends asked if i was p/g! ?And my FIL is my friend on facebook and I know he checks it everyday! ?I'll have to make up a similar story I think?image
  • Options
    IMO, that was a very clever cover up.  I'm not good w/ on-the-spot lying.  Give me a few hours and I can come up with grand schemes... but in the minute.... I'd have said something like, "it wasn't me.. maybe it was mom"
  • Options
    precisely the reason I don't go on when I am at my parents house or my in-laws house.
  • Options

that's why i deleted the history when i left my parents house on thanksgiving! 

hopefully he won't find any of your posts or anything, that sucks!

• Options

imagebatstafuny:
    IMO, that was a very clever cover up.  I'm not good w/ on-the-spot lying.  Give me a few hours and I can come up with grand schemes... but in the minute.... I'd have said something like, "it wasn't me.. maybe it was mom"

Literally laughing out loud while reading this!  I should have blamed it on my mom, he would have been like "What?!?!"

• Options
    lol. Sorry, but I was laughing after I read your post. That stinks and I'm sure he doesnt believe your story. Just tell him!! Im sure he will be excited.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

That's too funny. We're also not telling anyone so I can only imagine if I was "accidentaly" outed. Yikes.

• Options
    I didn't really want anyone to know.  I'm a very private person, especially involving this.  That's why I don't have my picture up.  Thank God, if he saw it, then he would know for SURE.  At least in my mind I can pretend like "maybe" he believed me.
  • Options
    oops!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    LMAO- well he knows now!!! Did you log out when you left? I'm guessing if he was surprised and curious enough to call about it, he's curious enough to check out the site..?
  • Options
    Sorry to say that I'm laughing. Leave it to parents to suddenly become computer savvy.
  • Options

imageannibes:
    LMAO- well he knows now!!! Did you log out when you left? I'm guessing if he was surprised and curious enough to call about it, he's curious enough to check out the site..

That's what I'm the most worried about.....oh man

I'm shocked he even called considering the topic so he is probably on RIGHT now.  Can you imagine!  I need a very large alcoholic beverage right about now.

• Options
    haha, I think it's funny that he could actually be reading your post about him finding the site.

• Options

imagepmarie33:
    haha, I think it's funny that he could actually be reading your post about him finding the site.

Oh double shiiiiit.  I just screwed myself......AGAIN......Do I need a new name now? hahahahaha

This is just getting worse and worse.......

• Options
    You'll know for sure if he's figured it out when one of your other family members calls you about it! He certainly won't be able to keep it to himself.
  • Options
    that is funny because almost the same thing happened to me this weekend when my dad was visiting me!  he walked up behind me while i was checking email and there was a message from fertility friend, the bump, and first reponse or something and he was definitely reading some of it!!  i told him they were just "advertisement" emails!  lame-o story, but all i could think of on the fly!  oops!
    started ttc in'07- elevated fsh, 3 failed cycles of clomid, 4 failed iui's miracle bfp 1/23/10 while waiting for insurance to clear to start ivf! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageJillian356:

My dad just calls me and didn't even say HI.  First thing he says:

Are you "Getting Pregnant"?

Me: What?!

Dad: It's in my history on my computer

I didn't realize my dad was that computer saavy and goes to his history to help him find sites he was last on.

I am MORTIFIED.  Especially since we aren't telling ANYONE we are even trying to conceive.

So, I went on to make up some story about how "The Bump" is related to the "Knot" since he is familiar with that from when I was wedding planning.  I told him that advertisements always pop up when Im on the Knot that take me to the bump.  I'm a liar and I know he sees right through me.  It would have been sooo much better if it was my mom, but my DAD?  How embarrassing!!!!!!

Hysterical! I am so sorry that happened but it will be ok!

• Options
    haha - oh no! I snuck in some time on the boards this weekend, and even though my dad's a computer moron, I still erased the history. I'm paranoid!
    Dear Bump: You suck.
  • Options

oh no! you poor thing!! my dad is super computer savvy and would probably been lurking around the site...haha.

This is why I NEVER go on at work during the day. I know they check the history and I don't need any rumors starting.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"