Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Sorry. My computer is a piece...

Can anyone tell me how accurate the store bought ovulation tests are? Just curious...

Re: Sorry. My computer is a piece...

• Options
    LOL.. I just posted about your computer in the last Ov. post. Anyway, I've never used them but I'm sure many of the girls around here do know. Doesn't it say on the box? I mean, I know they detect the LH surge.. which doesn't necessarily mean ovulation- a lot of the people around here suggest charting along with opks.
  • Options

I got a BFP using strictly those tests and checking CM.  I don't have the patience to chart, nor did I always remember to temp when I tried over the summer.  I have 27-28 day cycles, get a positive on day 13 and 14.  I am fairly certain I ovulate on day 14 as that's when I get the twinges and you supposedly get your first positive 24-36 hours before you actually ovulate.

But, like many people say or will say, the tests just detect the surge, not that you are actually releasing an egg.

TTC #1 since 7/08 After 3 years, 2 losses, 3 rounds of IUI, and one round of IVF, we finally have our dream come true! DS born 7/30/11

TTC #2 off and on since 7/12

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I am not really sure.  I did the OPK everyday my first cycle and never got a positive.  I was testing in the morning though and I later read that first morning urine isn't the best to use.  This month I tested twice a day around the time I thought I should be ovualting.  I did get a positive with my FMU, and another positive that night.  It seemed to match my temping so I think it did work... 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"