Infertility
Options

Worried about our kitten AGAIN.

Our kitten (7 months old) was recently diagnosed with a congenital heart defect after she went into congestive heart failure following her spay surgery. She's on meds to maintain her health and the vet said normal life expectancy following a bout of congestive heart failure is only about a year but could be much longer if the meds keep things in check.

Saturday we brought her to our regular vet (rather than the cardiologist) for a 2 week follow up and he said her vitals were good, x-rays looked normal (much better than before) and there were no issues. Later last night she seemed lethargic again (first sign of her illness) and she seems to be shivering/shaking. She is also limping which REALLY freaked me out since that's a sign of blood clots which is a symptom of her disease, but we later noticed a sore on her foot, probably from where she had blood taken, so we're thinking that's causing the limp.

I'm so scared she's not going to survive much longer. We called the cardiologist and left a message to ask if this is expected resurgence of symptoms after the stress of the vet visit or if it's something more. We didn't want to bring her back to emergency since the vet visit seems to be what triggered her symptoms this time (she was totally fine till yesterday).

Ok, that was long with no point. Just wanted to get it off my chest since DH keeps saying not to worry. I really hope we don't lose her so soon.

*** It's funny because I'm fat ***

Re: Worried about our kitten AGAIN.

• Options
    I'm sorry, I hope everything is ok.
  • Options

I am so sorry you're dealing with this. ?I will keep you and your kitty in my thoughts. ?I have seen some animals come through some amazing things! ?My mom and I always claim that it's love keeping them going - and I'm sure you're dishing out all the love you can!

?

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I am sorry about your kitty. My dog has been having some issues and the vet said there is an allergy really high recently that is causing some animals problems.  They said it was ragweed.  He is on a prescription dog food that helps him.  Could your kitty possibly be suffering from allergies as well?

I hope everything is ok.

• Options
    I'm sorry she's acting so worrisome! Hopefully it's just the stress from the visit and she'll be back to normal tomorrow. ((hugs)) to your kitty!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I am sorry. ?I just watched the video of her on your blog earlier today. ?It is funny, you were both on my mind after that. ?

I will keep my fingers crossed that she is doing better, poor little, adorable kitty. ?Our cats are family; I know how hard and stressful this must be. ?

• Options
    I hope she is ok! Hang in there.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you (and she) have to go through this. I've had really sick cats and it is an awful feeling. I hope you get some encouraging news in the morning, and I hope she starts feeling better soon.
  • Options

I don't really have any advice to give you about your kitty, I just wanted to tell you that I hope it's nothing serious this time and that she is feeling better ...

• Options

I don't have any advice either - but just wanted to say I'm so sorry you have to go through this and I hope that Puddin' comes out of this with flying colors and has a long life ahead of her.

((Hugs)) to both of you.

• Options

Awww...I hope Puddin's going to be OK.  I watched the video on your blog earlier and she's so sweet.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I hope she's okay. ?
    IVF w/ ICSI #2 - fraternal twins born December 2010 at 36 weeks.
  • Options
    oh no, poor princess:( I hope she is feeling better. That is the last thing you need right now, a sick furry baby:(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"