Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Need your opinions please

I can't seem to think of anything good to get my soon to be SIL for Christmas. I always get her clothes and don't want to do that this year.

I was thinking that since her and my brother just moved to Denver and are in a new house that a subscription to a magazine, maybe Better Homes and Gardens or Good Housekeeping. 

What do you think? Which one do you think or have any other suggestions?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Need your opinions please

• Options
    That sounds like a pretty good idea to me. I actually like Rachael Ray's magazine :)
    imageimage

"When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible"--Harry, When Harry Met Sally

• Options
    My SIL gave me a subscription to Real Simple last year and I get excited every time it comes in the mail!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I second Real Simple.  It's my favorite magazine.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Jack Emmett born on 2/2/10 after 17 cycles and a miscarriage
    Calvin Wyatt born on 1/10/12. Our surprise baby!

EP Facebook Group ~*~ My Baby/Life Blog
  • Options

imageTootermi:
    That sounds like a pretty good idea to me. I actually like Rachael Ray's magazine :)

That's a good one too!

• Options
    Subscriptions are the way to go! AND if you go to magazinesforless.com  they have great deals. Is there a local magazine they might like too?
  • Options

I think anything home related would be nice, maybe some candles or a nice framed picture.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

imagesare_bear:
    My SIL gave me a subscription to Real Simple last year and I get excited every time it comes in the mail!

I've never read that one...I'm going to have to pick one up and check it out!

imageimage

"When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible"--Harry, When Harry Met Sally

• Options

I like the recipes in Good Housekeeping better, but the pictures in Better Homes and Gardens are nicer.  I usually end up buying Good Housekeeping more often because I find more useful stuff in it, but I like them both. 

I'd love a subscription for Christmas, but the fact that I now choose Good Housekeeping instead of Cosmo when I buy magazines reminds me that I'm getting old Big Smile

***************************** Our beautiful daughter was born in October 2009. Turns out she was quite the miracle. After two years of TTC, diagnosed with DOR. A couple of failed treatment cycles later, we decided to let go of our hope for more biological children and explore adoption.
  • Options
    I used to love Real Simple, but I found the last few issues somewhat uninspiring...
    ***************************** Our beautiful daughter was born in October 2009. Turns out she was quite the miracle. After two years of TTC, diagnosed with DOR. A couple of failed treatment cycles later, we decided to let go of our hope for more biological children and explore adoption.
  • Options
    Great ideas ladies! I think the Rachel Ray one is a good idea, maybe I'll get her 2 subscriptions!
  • Options

i love getting subscriptions for christmas, it's like getting a new present every month Big Smile

i love the paula dean magazine i get every month, if she likes cooking.  but i agree with the rachel ray one as well, a lot of my friends like that one, i personally don't care for her, but they all love it!

• Options

I like Real Simple magazine.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think it's a great idea! My BFF got me Real Simple when we bought our house and I've loved it.
    Dear Bump: You suck.
  • Options
    5280 is a good local Denver magazine if you think she'd be interested in that... https://www.5280.com/index.php
  • Options

imagejrandv:
    Subscriptions are the way to go! AND if you go to magazinesforless.com  they have great deals. Is there a local magazine they might like too?

I want to add to the votes for Real Simple and to warn about the online subscriptions. I know they work for people but when I did it I got my hubby and I subscriptions and never got them. I emailed and emailed and emailed, got no response, there was no number to call. I ended up filing a claim with BBB and got nowhere....just a heads up Smile 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"