Multiples

Am I REALLY being too sensitive?

One of my STUPID IL's .... said,
"oh wow, your showing already? (pals name) is due in Feb and your bigger than her" .....
I was PISSED!
Ummm excuse me? I have TWO in here and your pal has ONE ... and she's a twig to begin with! PLUS she smokes ... hello, small baby then!
(and why does my IL feel the need to point it out when they're the one who looks like they're carrying sextuplets and they're not even pregnant!)

Am I being too sensitive? Anyone else get this from some jerks?  

NOW I feel like a big fat sh***y cow!  

Re: Am I REALLY being too sensitive?

• You will hear comments through your whole pregnancy on how fast you are growing or how much bigger you are then someone else. The only thing you can really do is just nod and smile and remind them you are blessed to be having twins. Hang in there because the comments dont stop.
    M E L I S S A My Blog

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageMelZull:
    You will hear comments through your whole pregnancy on how fast you are growing or how much bigger you are then someone else. The only thing you can really do is just nod and smile and remind them you are blessed to be having twins. Hang in there because the comments dont stop.

Ditto, and once the babies are out, the comments keep coming. Welcome to the club, our secret handshake is a punch in the face to people who make those lame comments :P

no day but today~ RENT  *HEG survivors*
    ::where a sig pic would go if TB wasn't a d*ck::
     Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • People are rude.  A few weeks ago I was at a baptism and the great grandmother of the baby said, "Hey fatty-fat-fat" to me.  I looked at her in bewilderment and just walked off.
  • Thanks guys!

I just wanna tell that IL, "well YOU look more PG than ME!"

and THEN punch 'em in the face!

I wear a sz 4 mat. pants and they wear an 18!

I wanna strangle her with my mat. pants legs! 

• Sorry that you had to deal with that. My brother's super obese inlaws like to make comments like that. I heard the word litter this weekend and I am still fitting in my size ten jeans up until 9 pm. Then they get unbuttoned.
  • Ugh, I am gearing up for this.  My SIL just had twins and really took forever to show.  I am 17 weeks and look about 25 weeks.  Difference is that it was her first pregnancy but, this is my second.  I cant wait for the comments.
  • it's a personal thing- some women don't like the comments- but i have no problem with them.... i like that i'm showing so soon - i enjoy having a big baby belly - so it never bothers me at all.

When i was pg with DS i heard "are you sure it's not twins?" all the time (DS was a big baby)... and already I'm getting "Are you sure it's ONLY twins?" b/c I popped a belly so quickly.  I don't care - it's fun to me.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"