Infertility
Options

inconclusive HSG?

Did anyone have an HAG that inconclusive? left was completly blocked, but RE says there's a 20% chance it was a spasm...his partner did HSG and X-Ray shows rt side filling, but not spilling, although she wrote that it did spill on notes none of pics show spillage...we have choice of getting another HSG where dye is injected right at tubes or lap..I'm leaning towards lap, but we need to check with insurance covers.

I have been spotting from O to period the last 4 months and can not find anything about why this would happen online.? Hormone levels good, no cysts and RE doesn't seemed concerned about spotting, but it worries me...anyone experience anything like thiss? TIA??
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket

Re: inconclusive HSG?

• Options
    Hi, my first HSG showed that my right tube was blocked. ?My RE said that it is really rare for just one tube to be blocked so he had me get another HSG done. ?That one they were able to get dye through my right tube but it took many tries. ?So my RE thinks that something is going on because if it was just a problem with one tube and nothing else he thinks we would have gotten pg by now. ?So he suggested IVF or a lap. ?We chose IVF which unfortunately didn't work for us but we are trying it again now and if it fails we are doing a lap. ?We chose to do IVF because my doctor said whatever is wrong that they find with a lap they would bypass with IVF. ?So we thought, I don't care to know what else is wrong with me, we just want a baby. ?But if 2 IVF's fail then we do want to see what else is going on. ? I guess just to know if trying on our own is ever a possibility. GL! ?Sorry I don't have any info on the spotting since your progesterone is normal. ?That would have been the only thing I could think of. ? ?
  • Options
    If a hydrosalpinx is the reason for the blockage, IVF won't work, because the fluid that drains back down into the uterus prevents implantation.  My doc said he wouldn't do any treatments beside clomid until a lap affirms or disaffirms dx of Hydro.  Doesn't hurt to ask if this may be the reason for the blockage.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hi, I would go for the lap. I had an hsg done by an ob, he told me my tubes were blocked. I started to go to a re, and low and behold, my tubes are not blocked - I had a polyp in my utereus, probably some stuff left over from m/c and a cyst on my ovary. For lack of a better phrase, my RE cleaned me out and my tubes are just fine.

I should mention, before this, I would have to take provera to bring on my period. Now, I have gotten my period 2 on my own.

Best of luck.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"