Breastfeeding
Options

Pierced nipple?

Jumping in here, but just had this thought. I had one of my nipples pierced once (took it out years & years ago) and I wonder if this will affect my milk ducts? Anyone know?
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Pierced nipple?

• Options
    I had both my nipples pierced before I had DS, and successfully nursed him until he was 10 mos old. I just had an extra "hole," in which milk leaked out of. Sometimes it would even stream out, but had no problems with my supply, or ducts.
  • Options
    I have a friend that had both of her nipples pierced just too and she said she had no problem nursing her baby and her supply was good.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I had both of mine done. I took them out about 3 years before DS was born. It caused no problems at all. It still looks a little strange and milk leaks from the indentions. Another friend has her's done also and also isn't having any issues. You should be fine.

• Options
    I had one pierced years ago and it actually grew out so my scar is actually more of a "slash" than two holes (sounds worse than it is).  Anyway, my production/supply is even between the two sides but like pp's said, you get some more leakage there.  But good question, as I was worried about this too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"