Georgia Babies

No more Puffs.

We've been dealing with some mean constipation around here. I had tried everything short of a suppository (my pedi only recommends them as last resort). Not even a couple ounces of prune juice could unstick things. I had heard a rumor that Gerber Puffs could cause constipation, so I decided to try an experiment.

While we were traveling over Thanksgiving, Geneva only got Cheerios. No Puffs. We suddenly had a pooping girl! And it was the closest thing to regular we've had in a long time.

I had stopped rice cereal and switched to oatmeal pretty quickly because the rice was gumming her up bad too. Puffs are made with rice flour, so I wonder if that's what was doing it. Anyway, if any of y'alls dear kids have had any problems with the rice cereal, you might want to consider skipping the Puffs.

Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: No more Puffs.

• bless you!! I hadnt even thought of this!  Carter is way constipated right now.  I will stop the puffs for now. Thanks!!
  • I hadn't even thought of that either!  Gavin is still getting over his tummy bug, so we're dealing w/ another sort of poop problem.  But he often gets constipated and I'm betting those puffs have something to do with it.  But he's not really ready for cheerios yet... so I don't know what else I can give him?

• Loading the player...
  • My pedi made it sound as if Puffs and Cheerios were one and the same. They pretty much have the same ingredients. Why is it you can't give Gavin Cheerios? Geneva got them both about the same time, and we were extra careful because there was a slight hereditary risk of a gluten allergy.

I think cheerios dissolve faster than puffs anyway. 

Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"