Working Moms
Options

I have to go back to work....

on Monday.  I am not looking forward to it.  It's going to be so hard to leave DD.  How was it for you when you went back to work?  Maybe it won't be as bad as I think it will be.....i don't know.  Am I just being silly???

Re: I have to go back to work....

• Options
    You're not being silly.  It was hard the first couple of days, but then it becomes your routine.  I cried the first day, but when I picked her up she was sound asleep.  I figured it couldn't be too bad for her if she was sleeping.  I was glad to get back to work and among adults again, once I actually got there.
  • Options
    It will be hard, because you are so used to spending all your time with DD.  But please remember that your DD will be fine, and it will get easier.  My DS is 3 and loves going to preschool everyday.  GL!
    Big Brother Logan Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Miles Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Bryan Smith - Freelance Photography Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I went back to work last Monday, it was a short week b/c of T-day. It was hard to drop him off but once I got to work and started interacting with my co-workers it got easier. I cried when I picked him up b/c he was sleeping and I expected to get this BIG smile when I got off work. DS has only been there  3 days and I can tell he likes it already.
  • Options

I feel your pain!  Monday is my first day back, too.

I think I've done everything I can to make as as painless as possible on all three of us.  I know we picked the right DCP, I brought DS to 'school' (lol) a few times to see how he reacted, DH and I have gone over the morning routine, and I've organized to the point of ridiculousness! 

I've gotten myself into the habit of preparing everything at night for the next day, even while I've been home. This way, it won't feel like one more task for me to do every night since I'm already doing it. I think we'll be ok!  

GL to you!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    I go back on Monday too and I feel your pain. Good luck to you!
    P - 9/2008
    A - 8/2010
    L - 1/2013
    S - 3/2015
  • Options
    I am on my 3rd week back and its tough to get use to a routine!  DD stays with DH and my mom, so its a little easier because DD gets to go shopping with grandma while I work :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am in the back to work on Monday club too. The past three months have been amazing and I wish I didn't have to return to work. My husband and I work opposite shifts so we don't have to put the kids in daycare, but it is still hard. At least work is only 2 miles from home!
  • Options
    nope. you're not silly.  I went back to work after 12 wks. I cried all the way to work and called the babysitter about 5 times.   Then about a month ago I got to be a stay at home mom again.  I go back tomorrow.  I will probably cry again.  It's harder on us believe me.  It will get better as the days go by.  Keep busy at work and the day will go by quicker.  good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"